Best Western Historic Frederick
  • Pool
Econo Lodge(Frederick)
Residence Inn Frederick(Frederick)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanclose to downtownwafflesstaff was very friendly and helpfulwould stay againplenty of parkingthe breakfast areaconvenient locationfree breakfastsinkmarylandhighwaymoteldcmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 November 2017

There must have been something going on that weekend, many of our favorite hotels were booked and this one was packed.

Rooms are dark and dingy, sheets on the bed are the most uncomfortable sheets I have ever slept on. Bathrooms are very small. I have to agree with the other reviewer, think airplane. I didn't even bother to shower there, felt like I would be more comfortable showering at home.

Breakfast was packed - since we don't eat processed food - we went elsewhere. The Waffle House - was close, they serve real food and no one was there when we arrived.

Will never come back.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Nice hotel. I stayed one night. The room was clean and amenities plentiful. The staff was courteous and efficient. The breakfast was standard across the industry, which is to say not the best. One gets the impression the cooked food is frozen or from a box. It's edible, but nothing special. The price was reasonable. I would stay here again without any qualms. Of the 3 BW's I stayed at on my trip, this was the best.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We were woken up on Sunday morning by a vey loud and obnoxious “Christian” church service that apparently uses this location as a church. This includes amplified church music!

We arrived the night before in the rain. The room is small. The bathroom is so small that the sink is in the room not the bathroom.

We will never be back to this location!
I didn’t pay to go to church!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Waited 10 minutes for someone to show up at the front desk at check-in. Room was small but adequate. Bathroom was very small (Think Airplane) Not even room to hang used towels and the rooms were noisy due to very thin walls between the rooms. They had the facility as clean as they could and breakfast was included. just ate waffle and peanut butter, as that's all I trusted to eat. Bed was OK. I'm sure you could do better elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2017

I would have given zero stars if I could, this hotel was honestly the worst I have ever stayed in. I travel for work and pleasure over 10 times a year and have stayed in 5 star hotels and then this one. BEWARE it is RIGHT on the line of the freeway and the noise level is so high that my husband and I were trying to sleep with pillows over our heads. I made this reservation well in advance and only because it said in Historic Frederick, but I kid you not people, the constant freeway noise was the worse. Shame on you Best Western for not doing whatever you could to muffle the noise, triple pane windows, SOMETHING. I wish we wouldn't have been so tired when we finally got to the room for the night to ask for a change, but I really don't know if it would have helped because of how the hotel is situated. It really ruined our trip and we were dead tired the entire next day, so please don't make me tell you I told you so...stay away from this one, there are many other nice hotels OFF THE FREEWAY.

Room Tip: If you must stay there, ASK for a room that is quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family