“Great First Time Experience”
Review of Cacique

Cacique
Ranked #46 of 429 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2015 via mobile

We stopped at Cacique because our standby was closed. Boy, were we lucky! I had not eaten in Cacique in years. I have been missing out on a lot.
I ordered my standby -- a chile relleno. It is hard to find a good one. It was fabulous! I enjoyed my meal. The service was ver attentive. Thank you!

Reviewed 17 June 2015

I have dined at Cacique over 1/2 dozen times in the past year had have enjoyed great food, good service, and an excellent value for the money. I have had the Surf & Turf, several salmon dishes, and a seafood dish with fish, lobster, shellfish, calamari in a lovely sauce, (forgot the name). only once did I have to send back my Surf & Turf because it was over cooked but a new dish appeared almost instantly. The portions are very generous and the prices reasonable. This is my go-to place for salmon and I have never been able to finish, always having enough for lunch or dinner the next day. The margaritas are good, not too tart, and decent wines by the glass. One problem for me is the chips are SO light and delicate I tend to eat too many before my dinner arrives LOL

Reviewed 14 June 2015

Cacique is one of the best restaurants in the Frederick area! locally owned (actually the family owns 2 other restaurants as well), meals are made fresh to order, with fresh, tasteful ingredients. Its a local favorite!

Reviewed 19 May 2015

Cacique is a great place to catch a delicious Spanish or Mexican meal. Located in downtown Frederick, if you go early you can grab an outdoor table. The people watching there is great. Cacique makes one of the best Sangrias in Frederick. Their food is always fresh and tasty and the waiters are very friendly and attentive. It is also a great location for large family gatherings and parties. I highly recommend Cacique.

Reviewed 2 May 2015 via mobile

The menu is descent, the ingredients are good, but they don't have enough servers (or big enough kitchen ?) to assure that your food is hot or served in a coordinated manner. This is a generic restaurant, so our expectations were not high and the prices are extremely reasonable (cheap ). I think it would not take a lot of effort on their part to improve their processes and raise the level of their establishment. Our plantain appetizer was served hot and delicious. Our main courses were luke warm, but adequately cooked. The beef tenderloins in one of our dishes were incredibly tender. So it is a shame that they cannot organize the service so that everything is served hot.