“Easy fun lunch”
Review of Tasting Room

Tasting Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Tasting Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 437 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church Street
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

My niece and I met at the Tasting Table for lunch. I began with a flight of full bodied reds, $24 for 3 ounces of 3 glasses, a Syrah, a California cabernet, and a meritage. All 3 were perfect accompaniment to the crab dip and toasts we shared. My niece ordered the soup and sandwich combo, a grilled cheese on French bread served with tomato basil soup. Delicious. I had the lobster corn bisque, fresh and filling. We ended with a shared Apple Tartlett served with vanilla ice cream. Lunch for the two of us (including my wine) was under $45, a good value with excellent service. Definitely recommend

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

A clean, modern interior with large windows set the stage for an excellent lunch. The restaurant was surprisingly busy for a weekday lunch, and for good reason. Professional, low-key service set the tone for a relaxed meal. The wine list is select and well priced. The menu creative and well executed. I appreciated healthy options. A nice touch was the restaurant's initials on the butter pat! Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

My husband and I visited the Tasting Room for a glass of wine on a Saturday afternoon. We were seated at the bar. The service was attentive. Our issue was another person seated adjacent to us at the bar used the "f" word profusely. While I am not a prude, the foul language got old after a bit. I was surprised that the bartenders did not address this with the patron since the language could be heard at not only the bar but the hightop tables that were all occupied. My husband and I opted to leave after our glass of wine. Disappointing visit to the TR.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I've been here twice. The first time I felt the food was ok but the staff and atmosphere were a bit snooty for Frederick. We tried again several years later because everyone raves about it, but again, I found the staff and other customers and atmosphere rather cold. The food was good but more than twice the price of a similar good meal at another close by restaurant with a more cozy or relaxed surrounding. It seems like it's the type of restaurant for the "want to be seens" and though it didn't break the bank, I enjoy friendlier servers and warmer surroundings at a more reasonable price. Apparently, it is a good place for business lunches.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We recently (12/1/2017) had lunch here at the TR arriving on a nice Friday around 1:20 pm and were seated immediately. What a good choice. Our waiter was humorous and attentive and low-key at the same time, just as we like. The bread came out quickly and was fantastic. We split a House Salad which was also great with really good dressing. Main courses followed maybe 15 minutes later, just at the right time. My salmon was perfectly cooked, crispy on the outside and perfect on the inside. Vegetables and their sauce were outstanding, and I'm not a vegetable person. All ingredients were very fresh. My wife's pasta was also sooo good. Oh man. These people really know how to prepare food!
This was our first time here at this restaurant and we'd go back in a heartbeat. An easy five stars!

Been to Tasting Room? Share your experiences!