“Disappointment at the bar”
Review of Tasting Room

Tasting Room
Reserve with OpenTable
Tasting Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 427 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church Street
Reviewed 14 January 2018

My husband and I visited the Tasting Room for a glass of wine on a Saturday afternoon. We were seated at the bar. The service was attentive. Our issue was another person seated adjacent to us at the bar used the "f" word profusely. While I am not a prude, the foul language got old after a bit. I was surprised that the bartenders did not address this with the patron since the language could be heard at not only the bar but the hightop tables that were all occupied. My husband and I opted to leave after our glass of wine. Disappointing visit to the TR.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I've been here twice. The first time I felt the food was ok but the staff and atmosphere were a bit snooty for Frederick. We tried again several years later because everyone raves about it, but again, I found the staff and other customers and atmosphere rather cold. The food was good but more than twice the price of a similar good meal at another close by restaurant with a more cozy or relaxed surrounding. It seems like it's the type of restaurant for the "want to be seens" and though it didn't break the bank, I enjoy friendlier servers and warmer surroundings at a more reasonable price. Apparently, it is a good place for business lunches.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We recently (12/1/2017) had lunch here at the TR arriving on a nice Friday around 1:20 pm and were seated immediately. What a good choice. Our waiter was humorous and attentive and low-key at the same time, just as we like. The bread came out quickly and was fantastic. We split a House Salad which was also great with really good dressing. Main courses followed maybe 15 minutes later, just at the right time. My salmon was perfectly cooked, crispy on the outside and perfect on the inside. Vegetables and their sauce were outstanding, and I'm not a vegetable person. All ingredients were very fresh. My wife's pasta was also sooo good. Oh man. These people really know how to prepare food!
This was our first time here at this restaurant and we'd go back in a heartbeat. An easy five stars!

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

A dinner out for my wife’s birthday with friends and family. Fantastic food but service was slow at each stage and items (salads and coffee)were forgotten. Dessert was so slow 2 of our party actually had to leave before served, after nearly 3 hours. We will definitely be back but hope Service tightens up. It was a Sunday night and there were empty tables and sufficient servers, so I don’t know what was going on.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We were not just surprised but amazed at the quality of the two brunch meals we ordered, one shrimp with grits, the other something like Chillillangue (very inexact, had ground chorizo, black bean sauce, and chips). Both were superb, so much that we agreed we would sometimes leave downtown DC to have dinner, or brunch, there. The server, Andrew, could have been an aspiring broadway server--but zero pretentiousness. Everyone was great.

Been to Tasting Room? Share your experiences!