“great reuben's, crab cakes and sweetpotato fries”
Review of Brewer's Alley

Brewer's Alley
Ranked #23 of 437 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2016

We took relatives from Atlanta to Brewers because they wanted crab cakes from Maryland. They were not disappointed. The crab cakes had very little filler and were excellent. I had their Rueben with sweet potato fries. The Rueben was grilled and filled with melt in your mouth corned beef, sauerkraut and cheese and the fries were crispy and served with a wonderful dipping sauce. Brewers' rarely disappoints us, great place to go.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Stopped in tonight after recommended by a class instructor. Not impressed with the beer, the food or the service. Neither of the 3 were good. I actually sent the Octoberfest beer back. Budweiser is better. The pulled Pork I ordered was advertised to have been smoked for 12 hrs. I tasted it an mentioned the 12 hr process to the server. He just dropped his head and walked away. This meat has never seen a smoker. It was just meat smothered in BBQ sauce. Typical average pulled pork. I don't plan on returning to this place nor can I recommend it to fellow employees in my agency. I'm in Fredric for training.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Stopped by after a funeral. My first time in old town Frederick, Very quaint little town. We wanted to get a bite to eat before driving back to Virginia and wanted to stop in a place in downtown. Many places stood out, but this one the most. Modern architecture outside, patio seating, a good menu and great beer selection. We were very happy with our choice. Tried some local beer, the crab dip and fried pickles, and the pizza. Great food and very good wait staff. The bar area had several games on. I would definitely come here again.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

We recently ate at Brewer's Alley and got to sit in the new addition downstairs. We wanted to sit on the new rooftop dining area, but it sounded very noisy and loud so we decided to sit downstairs. It was quite pleasant, very comfortable. Service was really excellent and the food was great. The crab cake sandwich was excellent, as were the sweet potato fries. The german plate, sausages, etc. was very nice. The one sausage was outstanding, the other was good. I like this restaurant. Consistent good food and service.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Attended a private event held after a wedding at Brewer's Alley. The room was set up nicely. Service was excellent. Private brunch station serving omelettes and other brunch items.

Great location. Conveniently located downtown in historic Frederick. Great place for groups to hang out and socialize.

Been to Brewer's Alley? Share your experiences!