“Expensive but real good.”
Review of Dutch's Daughter

Dutch's Daughter
Ranked #6 of 447 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$10 - US$56
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: You come first at Dutch's and it's our mission to maintain the distinction of being your first choice in dining. Whether it's a casual luncheon, romantic dinner for two, that special dinner party, or the ultimate reception, our tradition of quality and excellence is assured. Each day we strive to improve the high excellence already set. All entrees are prepared to your individual order using only the finest quality ingredients and freshest products available. Dutch's Specialties include Seafood, Crab Cakes, Steaks, and Poultry.
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner to celebrate our anniversary. Started with martinis which were great. Appetizer was jalapenos roasted with cheese, just the right heat and quite tasty. My wife had the stuffed shrimp with the twice baked potato and I had the crab cakes, both were great. Crabcake dinner was large enough to take an entire cake home. Dinner comas with a salad, and there is a large choice of interesting dressings. Service was professional. Did not have dessert as we were to full. This is a great restaurant but it is quite pricey ($40 entres are the norm). Great place for a special occasion .

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

While we eat at the restaurant or at the casual Dungeon often, it's been years since we've had brunch here. Why? We have a tendancy to overeat since its so good. ;-) We decided to risk our waistlines and visit again and thoroughly enjoyed it. Stars of the buffet...crab dip, crab soup, crab omelette, salmon, maple glazed sweet potato slices, thick bacon and crispy potatoes, prime rib, cinnamon rolls, chocolate covered strawberries and dollar mimosas. Very attentive serving staff to fill drinks and remove empty plates.

White tablecloth, but relaxed setting. While most people wore business casual we saw a few vacation shorts. Reservations are suggested, especially for larger groups. Had a lovely visit and left quite full.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Had Sunday brunch a few weeks ago with friends. There were so many choices I barely knew where to start. I don't eat pork so it was great to see, chipped beef gravy, and steak available. Cream of crab soup was amazing as always. Lots of fruit and oh the chocolate covered strawberries. Our server was wonderful and the atmosphere very comfortable to have great conversations and laughter. Not something I can afford often but it was fun, filling, joyful and something to look forward to next time.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

My wife and I have visited this restaurant many times in the past 6 years, and most recently last week. Our experience here has always been fantastic. First, the "Dungeon" downstairs is one of the best upscale bars in Frederick the only knock being they do not serve draft beers (but they do have a great bottle selection). They have an ok wine selection by the glass (suggestion for management below on this), a full menu, many tables for seating groups, and outdoor seating in a gorgeous courtyard area with a fish pond. This is one of our favorite spots to get an appetizer and cocktails. If you go, get the crab dip, the calamari (the best in town), baked brie.... ok, really EVERY appetizer is amazing. The cocktails are made very well here, one of the few places I can get a correctly made Bourbon Old Fashioned.

Second, this is (in our opinion) the best steakhouse in Frederick. Tender meat, cooked and served on a hot plate, very close to the style of a Ruth's Chris but without the drive since we do not have one in Frederick. Honestly, I like Ruth's Chris a little better but my wife likes Dutch's better and feels she has a more consistent experience with them, so she wins and we usually eat here. She is right though (of course), the steaks here are really hard to top elsewhere. She gets the Filet which is always flavorful, tender, and cooked perfectly to her liking. I get the bone-in rib eye... sometimes I get it blackened and sometimes regular. Each time the flavor is great and it is cooked well. Get a bottle of the Napa Cellars Red Zinfandel with your rib eye.... goes well with the flavors at a great price. In 6 years and MANY visits, I may have had to have my steak cooked again "maybe" 1 or 2 times at most. All their cuts are well-prepared and we have often heard "this is one of the best steaks I've ever had" when we take clients, friends, or family here. They also serve a side salad with each entree at no cost, which is unusual. The side caesar salad here is the best in town. Sides are enough to share. I have heard that the seafood is amazing here as well, but I have never tried it so I can't review that. However, if I have a guest who just wants fish I wouldn't hesitate to take them here from what I have heard. We sit in the upstairs (main floor) section when we get dinner and this is a lovely, dark room with fireplaces, lamps, etc. Very romantic spot. They also have a small bar on the main floor to your right that is a nice place for a cocktail before dinner if you want to avoid the busier feel of the Dungeon. They have a nice bottle list for wines as well with a good selection to fit most budgets.

Third, the service here is always outstanding and we are always treated great. From the bartenders to the hosts to the servers you will be treated with kindness and respect.

They also have upstairs banquet rooms where you can have a party or a large group.
Overall, this is simply one of the best restaurants in Frederick and one that we visit about once per month.

Suggestions for Dutch's Daughter Management:
* We don't have many, but change your side dish of mushrooms and onions. I'm not a fan of that, but we do LOVE mushrooms with our steaks. Can you do a mushroom dish with small button mushrooms sautéed whole instead of the sliced type you serve? Just a thought to enhance the experience.
* Add a few more Napa Valley Red Zinfandels to your wine bottle list... consider Brown Estate, Ravenswood (their good $35-$40 retail bottles, not the cheaper $10 version we usually get in MD. Consider Teldeschi or Barricia), Robert Biale, and Elyse Winery.
* Consider updating the red wine by the glass list. Perhaps add 1-2 better quality Cabs/Zin/Pinot reds to the options by the glass? Suggestion: Robert Mondavi has some great wines at a $35-50 price point that would sell nicely for a higher-end glass to add to the "by the glass" option.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

this restaurant was recommended by someone who knew I had been looking for a good place to take my friends to but after visiting this restaurant I was so disappointed with the quality and flavor of the food. I wanted to try the shrimp cocktail and for the main course I wanted the prime rib
Sorry, I’m not going back.