“Amazingly good tapas!”

Isabella's Taverna & Tapas Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Isabella's Taverna & Tapas Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 447 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We welcome you to visit and enjoy our restaurant in downtown historic Frederick located in the Hendrickson Building. We have selected the finest Spanish cuisine complemented with an exclusive wine list. In the heart of historic Frederick, Maryland, Isabella"s has become a favorite destination for local residents and worldwide travelers alike in search of a truly Mediterranean dining experience.
Reviewed 3 January 2018

My husband and I came for a date night and it was fabulous. The brussel sprouts were the best we've ever eaten and the Iberico pork was beyond description. We ordered dessert and mine was not up to the standard of all the rest of the food we'd ordered; it just tasted a bit stale. I ate it but told the waiter they should check to see if it was old. He told the chef who sent out a new dessert from a fresh batch that was delicious. It was a very nice move on their part. We will definitely return!

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

2 adults and 2 teens went for Christmas dinner. We were running a bit late but called and let them know. When we arrived, we were seated at a quiet table in the front window.

Our waiter was helpful and walked us through tapas. He suggested several things to order and we started with the fried asparagus. We ordered 4 dishes to share beginning with a spicy shrimp. We tried meatballs, chicken with apricot sauces, quesso and potato chips, crab and avocado and other dishes. All food was delicious.

We finished with lemon cream brûlée. Overall a great evening.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

This is totally worth the stop! We ate here on a cold day. The fire was going and the owner stopped by for a quick chat. I chose the flight of sangria and it was beautifully presented. I chose several tapas and enjoyed them all. Everything was delicious!!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

We went to Isabella’s for a late lunch. They have a great special on Tapas. We shared tapas as paella. The Tapas were very different, interesting, tasty, and presented well. Everything was delicious and the service was great.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I have written about Isabella's multiple times in the past because my best friend is gluten free and loves their lentil soup and patatas bravas so we meet up here whenever she and her husband are in town. It is still really good as always. Today we brunched. My friend got what she always does and of course loved it. Her husband downed the breakfast burrito which he also enjoyed. I got the Mushroom, veggie and cheese omelet with roasted potatoes with a slice or multigrain toast and a side of manchengo grits. Such an enjoyable meal for me! I especially loved the manchengo grits which I didn't expect to but I wanted to try them to compare them to typical southern grits which I also like very much as I spent many years down south. Manchengo grits rock! You can almost order a bowl of them just as a meal and feel satisfied. We will keep meeting here for sure. Our servers and the staff are always so kind and warm, too. Try to get a booth if you can. We like those better than tables as they are more private and we can hear each other better as this is a busy and popular brunch place for good reason. Thumbs up as usual, Isabella's!