“Delightful tapas”

Isabella's Taverna & Tapas Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Isabella's Taverna & Tapas Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 427 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We welcome you to visit and enjoy our restaurant in downtown historic Frederick located in the Hendrickson Building. We have selected the finest Spanish cuisine complemented with an exclusive wine list. In the heart of historic Frederick, Maryland, Isabella"s has become a favorite destination for local residents and worldwide travelers alike in search of a truly Mediterranean dining experience.
Reviewed 28 December 2017

We went to Isabella’s for a late lunch. They have a great special on Tapas. We shared tapas as paella. The Tapas were very different, interesting, tasty, and presented well. Everything was delicious and the service was great.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

I have written about Isabella's multiple times in the past because my best friend is gluten free and loves their lentil soup and patatas bravas so we meet up here whenever she and her husband are in town. It is still really good as always. Today we brunched. My friend got what she always does and of course loved it. Her husband downed the breakfast burrito which he also enjoyed. I got the Mushroom, veggie and cheese omelet with roasted potatoes with a slice or multigrain toast and a side of manchengo grits. Such an enjoyable meal for me! I especially loved the manchengo grits which I didn't expect to but I wanted to try them to compare them to typical southern grits which I also like very much as I spent many years down south. Manchengo grits rock! You can almost order a bowl of them just as a meal and feel satisfied. We will keep meeting here for sure. Our servers and the staff are always so kind and warm, too. Try to get a booth if you can. We like those better than tables as they are more private and we can hear each other better as this is a busy and popular brunch place for good reason. Thumbs up as usual, Isabella's!

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Went here for dinner on a Saturday evening with friends. We had a 5:30 reservation. After we were seated, our waiter came to our table to take our drink orders. He had a lot of personality, was a bit sarcastic, but we enjoyed his banter until he told us that, although it appeared to be a slow evening, they had a lot of reservations coming in later and there was a reservation for our table at 7:30. We let it go since we knew that we would be finished in two hours. We ordered several dishes, all of which were tasty, and ordered dessert to share. At about 7:00, after we had paid our bill and were finishing our wine, the manager came to our table to ask if we had enjoyed our meal. We assured him that we did. He then proceeded to tell us that there was a reservation for our table in a "few minutes." We left less than 5 minutes later with an agreement among the four of us that we would never return to Isabella's but would dine at one of the many other excellent restaurants in Frederick. I felt insulted that we were told twice that our table was reserved and it was implied twice that we had a time limit on our meal. I emailed the restaurant about our displeasure but never received a response.

2  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Every time I go to Isabella’s the atmosphere, food and service is exceptional. Lunch, dinner, happy hour , even New Years Eve.... you cannot go wrong choosing Isabella’s for a divine eating experience. Their tapas, paella and Sangria are in an excellent class of their own. Going to Isabella’s is a “foodies”heaven.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Very good Tapas in downtown Frederick - good menu, tasty food. Outside seating in season. Have eaten here a couple of times and would definitely return regularly, lots of good things on the menu !