“Great Lunch”
Review of Monocacy Crossing

Monocacy Crossing
Reserve with OpenTable
Monocacy Crossing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 449 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 25 September 2018

A group of five of us went to lunch here today based on local recommendations. It can't be beat! The food is delicious. Be fore warned, the portions for lunch would be good for dinner. I had the pork taco, which is officially an appetizer, was more than enough for lunch. Two co-workers had the shrimp sandwich which was one of the specials. It came with fries. They both said it was very good but way too much. Another had the steak salad that looked awesome and the last had scallops which she said was very good. I can't wait to go back for dinner.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

We eat here on occasion for special occasions. The resturant is located in an old house, turned into a restuurant. They also have an outdoor patio. The food is very good, and the service has always been very good. It's a high end restaurant, with high in prices, but very much worth it for a special meal!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Our neighbors gave us a gift certificate for taking care of their pets. Glad they did...this place will surely become one of our favorites.
Very friendly staff in a quaint setting. Good food from the shrimp salad with avocado on rye toast to the grilled Caeser salad. The NY strip w/fries (basically steak frites) was great.
The kicker was that they had Peroni on tap. A beer I love but have never had as draft.
Give it a try.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Aside from the excellent service, our experience was all around "ho-hum." The "short rib and brisket" burger was overrated. It was not as big or as tasty as I expected a $14.00 burger to be. My avocado toast appetizer was way too salty to be enjoyable. The dining room seemed like it could use a fresh coat of paint. We drove a little farther hoping to get an experience a little more special. We regretted not just staying on 'Restaurant Row' in town.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Possibly brunch is not the Crossings strong suit. I had the Belgian Waffle; my guest had the Poached Eggs and also a starter of Crab Dip and pita. Poached Eggs were a letdown; runny and a non-descript biscuit. Belgian Waffle nicely made but my request for a sugar free syrup confounded my server. Crab Dip OK but in the land of crab not a star.