“Really Good”
Review of Monocacy Crossing

Monocacy Crossing
Reserve with OpenTable
Monocacy Crossing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 447 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Had an Anniversary dinner date with my wife. Made a reservation in advance (suggest that you do so based upon how busy they were). Took a single rose in earlier and asked that it be placed on the table and selected a bottle of wine as well. All was ready when we arrived. Several of the female customers notices and admired the flower and probably wondered how we got one on our table (HA!) Had the special kangaroo pastrami appetizer and the dinner fish special. Both were wonderful. They provided an after dinner dessert on the house (it was a really good cream puff with ice cream and a berry sauce) because of the special occasion. Service was exceptional. Our young, attractive blond waitress was very attentive - even though the place was packed. Its been a while since we visited this restaurant - and we were both pleasantly surprised. The venue is the same as it was a few years ago when we last visited, but the food was remarkably better and the service was excellent. We will go back again. Thank you Monocacy Crossing and staff for a delightful evening.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Karey K K

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We had a 7:30 reservation and we arrived right on time. Our table was not ready and we had to wait about 15 minutes. The hostess apologized several times and said we could wait at the bar or stand to the side. While waiting, we had three different people ask if we’ve been helped. Each one said they would go check and each one never came back. The Hostess was more concerned about making someone was given proper directions to their location. Once seated, we were placed in a room that looked like it was a cheap addition. It had mirrors on the wall and the noise level was rather irritating. Plus, it had a cold draft. Our server, Fernando, was great. He was professional, polite and very attentive. However, the kitchen and bar were slow with service. Our drink order took a good 15 minutes. Fernando told us about the specials for the evening. My wife ordered the filet Mignon and I ordered the special. Fernando suggested switching the couscous for the corn risotto. Before ordering our main course, my wife and I each ordered the wild mushroom soup. It took another 20-25 minutes to get the soup to our table. Fernando said the kitchen made a fresh pot. The soup was delicious and hot. When our main courses arrrved, the couscous was not switched with the risotto and my wife’s steak looked more rare than medium rare. It was not bloody and it tasted very good. The kitchen was very slow that evening with their service. The table behind us had to take their food to go. They had other engagements they needed to be and the food was taking to long to come out. My wife and I shared a dessert and we each had coffee. The coffee was luke warm. I’ve been to Monocacy many times and this was my least favorite time. Be sure to wear your winter coat in the bathroom. It’s an icebox and you could feel a chill in the area where we sat.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 21 December 2017

We had our X-mas lunch at this location. The food was excellent and I love the place. This place offers group dinning and has highly efficient and friendly staff. Pretty much anything I tried was well prepared and served with a smile.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 4 November 2017

This restaurant has been recommended to me by many. I finally decided to go for my wife's birthday. The food was exquisite. It was excellent in taste and presentation. The quantity was just perfect. Donna, who was our server, checked on our table continuously to ensure we had everything we needed. The only thing that I was not fond of was that we reserved through Open Table and in the 'Special Instructions,' I explained that it was my wife's birthday. Despite the reservation and the message, at no time was my wife greeted for her birthday, nor does the restaurant offer anything for the birthday person. The food also takes a little long to be served, as you can definitely tell it is made to order. There is no kid's menu, so definitely keep that in mind.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Monocacy Crossing for my birthday. Last time we went it was for my birthday. The wait staff was great, the wine by the glass very limited but very good. We had the cheese plate and calamari to start. Superb presentation and delicious. Main was a New York strip for me filet for my wife and daughter. Wonderful meal. We finished with ice cream and cream brûlée. Darn good meal.

Date of visit: October 2017