“O.K. but won't be back”
Review of Athens Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Athens Restaurant
Ranked #220 of 436 Restaurants in Frederick
Reviewed 21 September 2017

This is the second time I have ordered take out here. Each time it was O.K. The first time was over a year ago so thought I would give it another chance. I stopped by on a Wednesday night about 6:30 on the way home from work. There wasn't any patrons in the restaurant. Which was kind of an omen right there. I ordered the Pita Souvlaki and a Pita Falafel. The Souvlaki didn't have much meat in it but it tasted O.K. The falafels were hard as a rock probably left over from the weekend. I also had called in an order of Baba Ghanboouj and Jalapeno Poppers. I know Poppers seem weird for a Greek restaurant but wanted to try them. When I got there they told me they were out of Baba Ghannouj. Kind of strange to be out of a staple appetizer like that but O.K. I guess. The Jalapeno Poppers were good. But there are better options.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

It is in a small plaza/stripmall. It was a stop off Rte 70 for us. We went for a late lunch on a Saturday. The place was empty. We wanted grilled chicken skewers, but they were "still marinating." The atmosphere was family friendly. The semi hidden area enroute to the bathrooms was messy and unsightly, with old christmas decorations gathering dust. The ladies bathroom had brown stains on the walls and a plastic flower bunch covered in dust. Looked like it hadn't been touched with cleanser in weeks. Didn't give me a great feeling about the prep of my food. The service was great, of course, as we were the only ones there. The food portions were ample, but nothing special.

1  Thank Lydia V
Reviewed 28 July 2016

I order from Athen's on a regular basis.My kids love the subs. the pizza and the calzones. I adore the stuffed grape leaves and my husband likes the moussaka. There is something for everyone. After ordering a few gyro platters. we changed our tune. The fries and potatoes are always soggy and old tasting. If it weren't for that, I would have given them 5 stars!

Reviewed 23 April 2016

Clean little restaurant with a very tasty gyro. But they asked if I wanted an extra taziki sauce and then charged me $.50. The little cup they gave me was inadequate even with two. Really give your customers adequate for the menu price.

1  Thank Godguy
Reviewed 26 February 2016 via mobile

The hummus tasted very off. They give you a lot of food but it's not spectacular. They only have a 3 because of the service.