“Sardi's Rocks for great Peruvian food!!”
Review of Sardis

Sardis
Ranked #52 of 409 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 16 April 2017

This is the place to get great Peruvian food at a great price. I always get the Churrasco de Pollo lunch special which was not on the menu at one point but appears to be now. Tender Chicken breast marinated in Cilantro, Peppers, Garlic and Onions, charbroiled to perfection. Topped with Pico de Gallo, served w/ Rice & Salad and for the special you get a soda all for (at the time) $5.50. You get three sauces - mild, hot and very hot that are all delicious.

I've also had the rotisserie chicken which is very authentic Peruvian (or so Peruvians have told me), the Salchipappas (Peruvian street food consisting of hot dog slices mixed with french fries served with ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard), the plantains, the Loma Saltado. Can't say I ever disliked anything I tried here.

As far as ambiance, there is none, but that's not why you go there. You order at the counter and they bring it out to you. There's soccer or other Latin shows on the tvs. Formica booth-like tables, canned or fountain sodas. Lots of Spanish speaking people (who know this is good authentic food). They can get really busy at lunch time. But they are pretty efficient at getting the orders out.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Man, is this food good!!?? I was here a few years ago while on a business trip (recommended by the locals), returned this trip and I was not disappointed. The draw is the chicken, but the plantain is to die for!!! The service is super quick even during the busy lunch hour, so I'd say they've mastered that, and the portion size is right on (I even took some of it with me and ate it for dinner). The food looks so good that you can rack up a pretty hefty bill if you allow your eyes to direct what you get. As for me, I gladly paid the price. There's a good selection of sides...did I mention the plantain is amazing?? Check this spot out-you deserve it if you love chicken like I do.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Yeah you read that right, the best clucking chicken I have ever had. The chicken is always moist and full of flavor. They have delicious sides available but for me the best part are the dipping sauces. It's like a stoplight, green, yellow and red. They are all good in their own way.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

The basics are pretty good here...and very tasty. Service is quick...portions are ok. Prices...well...kinda high all things considered that you can get an entire rotisserie chicken in most places for $5-7 and sides that would dwarf the portions if you know where to go. I don't want to plug a competitor here, but I'd rather next time go there and have leftovers to take home. I'd probably return if I went with a group from work, but going solo is pretty much out of the picture.

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

We frequently stop by Sardi's for dinner and depending on how many people we buy additional chickens and sides. The food here is consistently delicious!