All reviewsfire pitmovie theaternice kitchenlots of dining optionskitchen appliancesfull length mirrorwithin walking distanceliving roomking studionice hotelloved this hotelextra towelsevery morningcomfortable bedsfitness roomlocation is greatwaffles
Reviewed 12 March 2017

I stayed long-term on business, and found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. The rooms have a tiny two flattop burner stove, a microwave, a full-size fridge/freezer, and a very basic selection of (cheaply made) cookware and utensils. It's adequate for reheating or simple cooking, but don't expect to be able to make anything that requires high heat like stir-fry. You can leave your shampoo and conditioner at home - the hotel provides large bottles of them in the shower, along with a large bottle of body wash and a tiny bottle of lotion.

It would've been nice to have some sort of variation in breakfast, but it's decent enough for what it is. It's a pretty standard selection of waffles, various breadstuffs, cereal, sausage, yogurt, oatmeal, and eggs.

The location is fabulous - there's a huge variety of very good restaurants within easy walking distance, as well as a selection of shops, a movie theater, and a small organic market. There are also a couple of walking paths nearby along the creek, and downtown Frederick is a short drive away. You can also drive to the Shady Grove station and hop on the Metro to get to DC for an easy day trip.

Room Tip: Noise from the fire pit carries, so choose a room on the front side if you plan on leaving your window open at night.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

We were only staying one night but the place made me wish we were staying more.
We stayed in a two bedroom suite, it was very clean and comfortable.
It had everything you would thing for an extended stay.
The breakfast in the morning was perfect.
I will definitely be back to stay again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2017

This is a nice place with easy access from I-270. It is very spacious and comfortable. I found the staff to be very pleasant and accommodating. I would definitely stay her again. Shopping and restaurants all very close.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Clean, and very comfortable. Staff was super friendly ... they provided helpful tips about places to eat and city transit to DC . LOTS of restaurants and shops within a 5 minute walk!

Shady Grove train station is about a 25 minute drive, and then a 40 minute train ride...but still less frustrating than driving in DC!!!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2016

I stayed here during the holiday because there was not enough room at my family's house this year. The bed was comfortable, the room spacious and the breakfast very good. This place would have gotten a higher rated except for 2 incidents.

The first night I came back to the hotel after checking in to arrive when a fire truck was arriving. While initially I was worried, the staff told me they accidentally pushed the button to signal a fire. They were quite young and probably were playing around.

The second day I got a call to ask if I needed longer to check out of my room. When I checked in, I told the staff I had made 2 separate reservations but 2 nights. The staff person said he saw that, would make a note about it and not to worry because I would stay in the same room. Still, the next day I get a call because the staff did not read the note and when I got to my room, the card was deactivated.

I know no one wants to work during the holidays. I also didn't want to stay in the hotel but it could not be avoided. Still communication and professionalism could be improved.

Even with these caveats, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family