“Fabulous Brunch Menu”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

I don't drink coffee, so I cannot comment on the hot beverages, but the menu was fabulous. After much debate, I finally decided on the hummus as an appetizer (delicious) and the shrimp and grits which were amazing and one of the best things I have eaten in Frederick recently. Given the hipster reputation of Cafe Nola, I thought I would be unimpressed with the experience, but I found myself quite pleased with the meal and will return.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

We went here on our way home, based on reviews. There were no tables available, so we ate at the bar. The coffee was really good! The bartender who took our food order was very nice. I had the bacon croissant sandwich and it was really good. The potatoes were amazing too. A really neat little neighborhood spot. Would recommend this and would go back. Just be aware you may have to wait, it seems like a popular spot among the locals.

Reviewed 27 April 2016

#1- Infused liquor #2- Great food, including brunch #3 Best coffee in Frederick #4- Live music #5- Outdoor seating

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I stopped in to get a Mocha to go, ordered a medium. The place was not overly busy, but the wait was still a bit on the longish side, ~15 minutes.

I watched as the barista first made my drink in a eat-in cup, even though I reminded them it was to-go, and then when the cashier said something, re-pour it from the eat-in cup into the to-go cup.

My "medium" sized drink only came up to just over half the to-go cup. Unfortunately I didn't notice until we were back on the street when I went to take my first sip and at that point didn't want the hassle and wait of going back in to say something about it.

On top of that, the mocha was not even close to one of the better ones I've had- even from Starbucks. It was both bitter and a little sour, not sure if that was the roast/pull of the espresso or the milk or both- but not a great mocha by any means.

Ironically, I picked this place to get my coffee based on reviews on this site. Could have been an off day for them.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

Had a Sunday late lunch here, and the crowds just kept coming. Staff was taking names for a list, with a phone call when tables were available. Even though we came at 1:30, there was still a half an hour wait. Lots of families, couples, late brunches, lunches, and folks meeting for tea or coffee. Prices weren't cheap, but amount of food was a nice recompense. Loved sitting in the window, and watching the crowded city streets. This is the new urbanism at it's best. So many wonderful places to visit nearby, easy to spend the waiting time within a block. Lots of options if the crowds scare you off, but I would start with this establishment.