“Great place for Sunday brunch!”

The Wine Kitchen on the Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wine Kitchen on the Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 433 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Take a right off Market St. onto Carroll Creek Way
Description: The Wine Kitchen on the Creek is a modern, seasonal style chophouse that features local, high quality cuts of meat and a farm fresh menu that includes many seafood and vegetarian options along with a dynamic wine and spirits list.
Reviewed 22 June 2016

My friend and I met in Frederick for a visit and chose The Wine Kitchen for our meeting place. It is located on the lovely Carroll Creek Way in a pretty part of town. They offer outdoor seating but we decided due to temperatures that we'd be more comfortable inside. It is decorated nicely and very attractive.

My friend and I ordered the same...the triple mushroom quiche with Gruyere cheese which comes with a small salad. When it arrived, it was presented on an irregularly shaped, somewhat flat cutting board, which was impressive and looked beautiful, tho by the end of the meal, I was questioning myself as to how they actually clean and sanitize something that porous after each meal.

The quiche was absolutely out of this world! I had never had a quiche that was so creamy, almost custard like, and had so much flavor. I would order it every time, except it was the "of the day" selection. Our waitress was very nice and suggested the iced tea that comes with a hint of mint, and it was also wonderful. She took excellent care of us.

The only reason for the four stars was the questionable cleanliness of the cutting boards they were serving on, plus the unquestionable dirty fan blades and vents in the bar area that I noticed while waiting for my friend to arrive. They have very unique oscillating ceiling fans in the bar area, and all I would caution the owners with is this...if you have something so different that guests will notice and admire, it would be best to be sure they are kept very clean. Because of their uniqueness, I sat and watched them periodically as they oscillated, and oh my, there was quite a bit of dust build up. Once I noticed the condition of the blades, it made me look around wondering what else might be being neglected in the nightly cleaning schedule.

If you watch any of the reality restaurant shows, you'll remember hearing a certain British gentleman screaming at owners that the dirt on ceiling vents and fans can most certainly be falling into drinks and food. Not a pleasant thought. But enough of that, just wanted to let the owners know it was noticeable so they can take steps to correct it.

So back to the overall review...I definitely plan to return to The Wine Kitchen, because I did thoroughly enjoy the meal! And prepare your wait staff, because I probably will ask just how you clean those cutting boards...lol!

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

We ate at this restaurant for our 15th wedding anniversary. We were very happy with our choice. The staff was very friendly and the service was great. We started with wine flights which was a perfect way to try some new wines. We both had steak dinners and they were cooked perfectly and were very flavorful. We will definitely come back to this establishment when we return to Frederick.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

The food is wonderful - from presentation to taste. The wine selection is excellent and has significant offerings. The service needs significant re-tooling, training etc. My wife and I have dined here in two occasions. Once, over a year ago and again, last night. On both occasions the wait time from seating to greeting by our assigned waiter was too long. Drinks took an inordinate amount of time to arrive, our waiters morphed from one man to another woman and then back again, and we waited what seemed ages to order. It went downhill from there. Our waiter speedily walked by our table without making any eye contact while my wine glass sat empty. We cut our dinner short after the salad and decided to just have a dessert. It took ages to place that order. For a place with great tasting food and a wide selection of beverages on a canal...they lost us with the service. Customers are there to be catered to, not avoided and dismissed as a nuisance. That is how we felt on both occasions and we will not return.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

Dine here! We did on a sunny day and sat outside. It was our anniversary so I brought our own nice bottle, supplementing it with a tasting of three sparklers. Everything we ordered was excellent, delivered by courteous, friendly, professional staff. I'd love to say order this or order that, but I didn't eat everything. (I'll try doing that over time.) So get whatever you like. I'd bet dollars to donuts it will be better than you expected, cooked perfectly, and presented wonderfully well.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

We called ahead for a nice lunch for several women and our older aunts. The person on the phone was very accommodating and promised we would have a table with a view. We had reservations for 11:30 and there were plenty of seats when we got there, it was such a lovely day that I asked if we could sit outside instead. They quickly and pleasantly pivoted and gave us just what we needed.

It was a beautiful day and dining outdoors was a treat. The smell of the meat on the smoker was enticing! There was enough shade for all of us seated at the table and the setting is lovely, with the creek flowing just yards away. Our server - Angela - was pleasant, attentive, had great suggestions, and didn't rush us to order. She also gave great recommendations for what to select from the menu.

We ordered the fried green tomato appetizers and everyone enjoyed them. We all shared a taste from our own meals. The clear winner was the Wild Mushroom Strudel! Everyone loved it! The Shrimp and Grits was also quite tasty. One of us ordered the WK Pastrami sandwich, because the restaurant was smoking pastrami at the time, it smelled so yummy. We all tried and enjoyed it - very tasty.

I think the only disappointment was the chicken salad that my aunt ordered. It just didn't rank up there with the other meals, there was nothing special about it, and the greens were kind of stringy.

I can't remember the wine we ordered, but it was delicious. We all had a lovely time and will definitely go again.