“Food awful and bland! ”

Mariachi Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mariachi Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 447 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Buckeystown Pike
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here for the 1st time tonight. I live in the area and had always wanted to try it. Now that I did I will never go back. Chips and salsa were good but rest of the meal was awful. Had one of the combo meals that came with beef enchilada, chicken taco and Chile relleno. Beef and chicken were supposed to be shredded and what I received definitely was not. The chicken was a quarter breast inside a taco shell with ZERO taste. Beef in the enchilada was slightly better but still inedible. Pepper in the relleno was barely cooked and I couldn’t even cut with a knife. Worst Spanish Mexican Cuisine that I have ever had and far from authentic. I expressed my disappointment to my wait staff and received no reaction other than to ask if we want the check.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 3 March 2018

You can always count on a good meal at Mariachi's. The food is served hot and they have a wide variety on their menu. Really enjoy the pitcher of margaritas to share with friends. Their salsa is fresh and delicious! Head somewhere else for dessert because they are not that great, but everything else is worth the trip!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Was with friends last evening when we went to Mariachi Mexican Restaurant in Frederick. I noticed Seafood Fajitas on the Specials-of-the-Day Menu and asked if anybody was familiar with this dish. We all were equally in the dark as none of us had even heard of Seafood Fajitas. So, of course, I had to order this for my dinner. Shrimp, Scallops, and Lobster Tail with the usual Fajitas presentation. A bit unusual, but very interesting. If you are thinking Mexican food, I certainly recommend Mariachi Restaurant. And if you are looking for something different, be sure to check their Specials-of-the-Day Menu.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We were passing through and after reading the reviews, I was excited to try this place. The salsa was fresh and had lots of tomato and onion but that was it. We couldn't taste any cilantro, jalapeno, or garlic. I liked the chips and just ate some of them plain for the lack of flavor in the salsa. My hubby is not a picky eater at all and even he wasn't crazy about the salsa. We ordered the fajitas that were on special and a combo plate. The chicken and beef on the fajitas were cooked perfectly, very juicy, and plentiful but the chorizo was so overcooked it was hard. There were only 2 bell pepper rings and just a few slices of onions (I love this part of fajitas as much as the meats but there wasn't much.) We had the combo platter with the chicken tamale, chicken enchilada, and cheese chili relleno. It was all fresh, but just okay. Maybe the cook was just having an off day. It happens. Our server was very pleasant and efficient. The restaurant was very clean.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank kfl51
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Salsa was fresh. Homemade hot sauce was amazing. Fajitas real good. Margaritas average. Above average for tex-mex.

Date of visit: July 2017