“Food was bland and the orders were wrong”

Mariachi Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mariachi Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 447 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Buckeystown Pike
Reviewed 1 July 2017

We came in today with our sons. A total of 5 orders went to the kitchen and 3 came out wrong. The food that did come out was bland and dry. We ordered Chicken Burritos (dry chicken breast), Enchiladas (no flavor), and chicken tenders (overcooked and dry). The only thing keeping this was a single star was that they have really good salsa.

Date of visit: July 2017
5  Thank JohnnyBlaze007

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Nice place. After seeing mixed reviews from the Mexican restaurant near me downtown I decided to drive a mile for this one. Nothing special on the outside but inside.... what a surprise !! White tablecloths and nice service settings. With a strolling southwestern musician on this first Saturday of the month. I knew right then that they really care for their customer base with service. Seated immediately and dinner was prompt and delicious. It was great Mexican food and I look forward to coming back and trying the Spanish side of the menu.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Don't believe anyone who says that La Paz or Fajita Grande have the best Mexican food in Frederick. NOT true. As someone born and raised in California who grew up on good, real Mexican food, I can assure you that neither of those comes close. Mariachi has a great blend of Mexican and Spanish dishes and the taste is excellent. The Camarones Azteca is amazing and the Lomo Saltado is also excellent. I've had probably half the menu and everything was really good. In addition to the food, the service is fabulous. The staff there is really attentive and very friendly. We always go back.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 17 May 2017

had not been to this restaurant in years. good Mexican/south American fare... I remember the menu being more extensive on the south American menu items. my food came all sort of mushed up on the plate (I did get a combo platter so I shouldn't complain). spouse got the lomo sabato which he really liked. daughter says best tamales she has ever had. a mixed review from us. I really should have gone with my first option which would have been the mayan pork dish. food reheats well so that is a plus. they needed to put more a/c into the restaurant because of all the patrons in it. service was what you would have expected on mother's day. lot of locals (Hispanic) come here and that is usually a good indication that this is a well-regarded restaurant. will try again, not on a holiday and definitely try the mayan pork dish.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

We stopped in route to D.C. and found it to be a great stop. Service is nice and exceptionally fast. Great margaritas. Would stop again if craving Mexican and in Frederick.

Date of visit: March 2017