“Average food-much worse than average service”
Review of Fajita Grande

Fajita Grande
Ranked #55 of 449 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 October 2010

My wife and I stopped at this place while passing through Frederick based on other very positive reviews. Our experience was somewhat different than the other reviewers. First lets talk about the food. I'm a big Mexican food fan and have even in many Mexican restaurants all over the country. It may be the best Mexican food in Frederick, but its far from the best I've had in other restaurants. So I can't go any higher than average for food. The service was another story. We were there on a Sunday evening so it wasn't the busiest night of the week. After being seated we waited about 10 minutes before our server came to us to order drinks. After that we waited another fairly long period of time before he took our food order. Then things got progressively worse. My wife and I both ordered fajitas - she got shrimp, I got a steak/chicken combo. With a name like Fajita Grande you'd think they'd have their act together on fajitas, right? Read on! We waited and waited and waited. In the mean time we ate all the chips and salsa. Our server never came by the table to ask if we would like more and never came by to give us a status on our meals which were taking a very long time. We eventually flagged him down and asked for more. They never came. Finally we got part of our order. MY wife's shrimp fajitas came and the accompaniments for both our orders but NOT my fajitas. We were told they would be right there. Then we waited and waited again. In the meantime I told my wife to go ahead and eat before hers got cold, but she wanted to wait until my meal came. After a very long wait we managed to flag down our server again to ask where my meal was. I don't think he even realized I had not been served, but then he never came by the table to check on us. He went to check and finally came back with my fajitas a little later. At that point we had to ask for fresh tortillas since the ones they had given 25 minute earlier were now cold and stuck together. We also had to ask for chips and salsa again. He did bring chips and salsa immediately but we then had to wait for tortillas. By now my wife's food was cold but she ate it anyhow as this was turning out to be a disaster. So in a nutshell, the service was pretty bad. Our server was not attentive to our needs at all and only responded when we flagged him down. Sorry folks, but I have to call 'em as I see 'em.

1  Thank OldGolpher

Reviewed 9 July 2010

This place has consistently good food, great margaritas with good happy hour prices and the service is spectacular. It's easy to get to with plenty of parking which cannot be said for many places in Frederick. It's definitely worth trying if you've never been!

Reviewed 25 November 2009

We ate here last week when driving through Frederick. I wish we lived closer so we could eat there weekly. The salsa tasted freshly made in house as did the chips. We had guacamole as an appetizer and it was a huge portion of freshly made guacamole attractively served in a taco shell bowl. My husband had fajitas with beef and chicken that was very tasty. Our server told us all the food was made there and it looked and tasted fresh. Someone (manager? owner?) came by all the tables to make sure patrons were pleased. It's not a fancy place, but the good food and excellent service make it one we will return to when we are in Frederick. Oh-they do have a bar and alcoholic drinks if that's important to you.