“Better food the legal seafood”
Review of Ragin' Reef

Ragin' Reef
Ranked #29 of 436 Restaurants in Frederick
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were in Frederick and it was a madhouse. Wanted some good seafood and remembered seeing Ragin reef on the way home one night. We stopped in sat and the bar, the tables were all reserved. Recommend reservations on weekends.

They have a good selection of local beer and spirits. The decor was simple and comfortable, seafood diner style. The menu was one page and half a good variety. I ordered the fried reef basket with three options, beer battered cod, fried oysters and fried shrimp. My wife got the two option basket cod and grilled shrimp. The baskets came out in short order and hot, nothing was precooked all was made to order. The fish was moist and delicious, melted in my mouth. The oysters were cooked perfectly great flavor, my wife doesn't like oysters but ate these. The shrimp were large lightly battered and delicious. I ate at legal seafood in dc and everything here was far better and tasted fresher.

My wife and I grew up catching and eating seafood, this place is the real deal. Our first trip but not our last.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

This place is the BEST! Excellent food! Friendly and attentive Staff. The only thing I don't like is that everyone else has discovered this place too. When once you could walk in any day of the week at any time and be seated right away, no more. This place is packed all the time and now I need a reservation. It's SMALL which is a negative, but not enough to mark down for it. The owner says they've acquired the property next door. I just wish they'd get moving on the construction.

1  Thank MammaD123
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We had the crab cakes and jambalaya. Both were excellent with quality ingredients. We brought half the jambalaya Home with us because we were full.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I had only eaten at Ragin' Reef in Frederick once before. And it was great (fish and shrimp basket). But last week my wife and I happened to arrive in time to try the Happy Hour specials. A lot of great choices, but we had to try the $1 oysters on the half-shell. Order a dozen, half dozen, or whatever - just do it. They were a delicious start to another tasty dinner. If you are an oyster lover, I recommend Ragin' Reef.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

I have been at Ragin’ Reef 3 Times in the last month. The food is wonderful. I especially recommend the crab no cake. No filler, just crab. Great fries and coke slaw accompany it. Great cocktails, too. The hosts, owners, wait staff are just great!

Been to Ragin' Reef? Share your experiences!