“Not fine dining, but a fine diner”

Mountain View Diner
Ranked #51 of 449 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 27 June 2018

My husband & I tend to order the same few things all the time. If you're in the mood for breakfast, know that their homefries are the real deal - peeled & sliced in the kitchen, not out of a bag. They also make their own soups, unlike some places, so the soups aren't saturated w/ salt (the chicken & rice I had today had a BIG chunk of chicken in it) and are good & filling. The portions are generous, so you may not have room to try their homemade desserts, unless you want to take something home for later.

The service is always friendly and they try to accommodate special requests.

The booths and ladies' room are a little down-at-the heel, but the place is good and clean, so the signs of age just add to the charm. It doesn't feel artificial, the way some chains do.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We are frequent diners at the Mountain view Diner and I can honestly say it is nice to go to a place where the waitresses are happy to see you and the food is always good. They had a special menu for Father's day and offered a lot of seafood dishes. Their soup and coffee are always outstanding! I also love their Athenian chicken and the steak and egg breakfast.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

My family and I were heading home from a Baltimore Orioles game and wanted to eat somewhere cheap that was open late and wasn’t a fast food chain. I saw MVD on TripAdvisor so we gave it a try. Our server, Nate, was super nice and made sure our drinks were topped-off. The food was good, overall, and my family - all 6 people - seemed to enjoy their food. They have a nice selection of desserts that are made in-house. The retro interior and 50s tunes were a nice touch, as well.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely diner in Frederick, Maryland. Fabulous breakfast. Great diner like in the movies. We had Eggs and bacon and blueberry pancakes. Staff were lovely and friendly. Made sure that everything was ok. Meals are more than generous and reasonably priced. We ordered the pancakes to share but we were so full couldn’t finish them. They had blueberries all the way through. Highly recommend a visit

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Stopped here for breakfast on the way west and were pleased with the service and the huge quantity of food on the plate. More food than we had desired but all quite good. Our entree was the two eggs, bacon, sausage and ham slice with real home-fried potatoes and wheat toast served by a very friendly waitress. The other entree was a western omelette that was huge, very tasty, with bacon and toast. Delicious. The waitresses seemed to cover for each other as whenever one came by with a coffee pot, they asked if refills were needed so one's cup 'overfloweth'. The price was very reasonable. Although some of the booth seats were showing signs of wear, every thing was clean and one of the staff was seen cleaning windows and shelves while we were in the restaurant. We'd stop here again.