“Not your average 50’s Diner”
Review of Silver Diner

Silver Diner
Ranked #52 of 449 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Description: Silver Diner reinvented the diner experience by creating a menu featuring classic American favorites with a contemporary twist for today's lifestyles - heart-healthy options, no trans fat, fresh and locally sourced ingredients, and entrées with fewer than 600 calories.
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

I have not been to a “SILVER DINER” in years. That last visit I had to one was in Laurel Maryland. It was horrible and I have not been back in years. I knew this location was new and it has been years since we have visited. I am glad that we decided to try it out again. I like that the menu has changed over the years and the food is more up scaled. Our experience was good and the restaurant was clean. We also had good service.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

We enjoyed the diner atmosphere. However, the food was so much more interesting and creative than what the typical diner would offer. The food tasted very good. I loved the twist that they put on the shrimp scampi with small pieces of fresh onion and tomato.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We met our son in Hagerstown & he insisted on eating at this diner. He had been there a few months ago & fell in love with the chicken & waffles. My husband had it as well & was equally impressed. I had the caramel & sea salt drizzled French toast which was also delicious. If you find yourself in the area, do yourself a favor & stop here. You won’t regret it.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I often hear ads on the radio talking about the Silver Diner's new commitment to offering healthy alternatives and even gluten free and Vegan foods. I took my Mom and son here for dinner to see what it was like.

The pot pie my Mom got was kind of non-traditional in taste and even a bit spicy. My turkey platter did not have stuffing under the meat but rather a piece of sour dough bread. My son's gluten free French toast was full of cinnamon and very sweet but not necessarily memorable. So what am I getting at here?

I hate to admit it, but even as a self-proclaimed "Foodie" (picture the SNL guy making exaggerated quotation gestures as he says, "Foodie") my Mom and I both agreed that we thought (ye gads) Bob Evan's pot pie and turkey platters are better!

So my lesson is that even though I specifically went to the Silver Diner to try their new approaches to tradtional dishes, in the long run, I prefer Diner food to be Diner food. However, it was nice to have gluten free options and I'm sure that much of their menu is good old Diner food. Also, the waitress was chatty and nice. I get the feeling the staff enjoys working at this establishment.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This is a great place in Frederick to have since the Silver diner serves locally sourced foods as much as they can. The menu will show where the food came from and the chef won one of the Foo Network cooking shows.
Breakfast lunch or dinner there’s a great menu and it does change.

We particularly like the lamb meatballs and the avocado toast which you can get w optional smoked salmon.
The wait staff is very friendly here and the diner is open some nights until 2am for night owls.
I’ve been here three tones to eat and I’ve never been disappointed.
Oh and aside from the great diner decor you can put money in the jukebox at your table and listen to music which also plays throughout the diner.