“Tasty”
Review of Silver Diner

Silver Diner
Ranked #52 of 427 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Description: Silver Diner reinvented the diner experience by creating a menu featuring classic American favorites with a contemporary twist for today's lifestyles - heart-healthy options, no trans fat, fresh and locally sourced ingredients, and entrées with fewer than 600 calories.
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff, large selections on the menu.
Not only "diner fare" many selections for vegan,vegetarians and gluten free diners.
Serve breakfast all day. Nice clean restaurant.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

We were told by family how good this diner was. We were not disappointed. When you think of a diner, you usually think of some greasy spoon type place. Put that image out of your mind! This restaurant has a quaint look and amazing food. It has adult beverages and a children's menu. It has old fashioned ice cream and shakes. Don't pass it by without trying it!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Years ago, diners were in. But like so many other things, diners became a thing of the past. But you can still find some around. And the Silver Diner in Frederick put a new look on the old idea.

The diner has a retro feel, but the menu offers many items you wouldn't find years ago. My wife and I grabbed dinner one night on the road after a suggestion by the hotel staff. Jukeboxes adorn each booth, just like the old days. The menu offers a variety of options and our choices proved filling.

Our server kept tabs on us but not in an overbearing way. Prices were reasonable and it's a place we would recommend.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

As you can see by the photos this new diner is constructed in the art deco style of the 40's & 50's. Don't be fooled though, it's of recent construction. At the same time don't be fooled into thinking it's just a burger & fries, cheap eats place. While the prices aren't New York City astronomical they aren't Burger King level either.
For me the menu was the hi-lite of our dining experience. It's very, very good with lots of vegan, vegetarian & gluten free choices.All the menu listings are labeled with helpful nutrition info (carbs, fat, sugar, etc) & high lighted with symbols representing heart healthy, or gluten free , etc.
So how was the food? Very good. I had a huge Greek Salad w/chicken ($17.00) & it was quite good. There were 4 of us & we all agreed the food was fine. My daughter loved the mint glazed cauliflower vegan dish & her husband said the black Angus meat loaf was excellent. I think you can see from these examples that the menu is fairly unique. Of course they do have burgers, chops, steaks, chicken, etc. Actually there were so many choices I can't list them all. I think the menu was 6 pages.
So.....If you think you would like informal dining in a polished chrome, red lacquered, 50's throwback restaurant that has a delicious menu that anyone can find something they like, then this is the place.( BTW, our server was great.) Recommended.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

My husband and I ordered breakfast for lunch time today. The host was welcoming and quickly determined whether we had been there before and placed us at a booth, thanking us for coming in. The waitress, Carolyn was off her game. Not very friendly, forgot the sausage order...jelly for the biscuit. Yet she was welcoming to the couple who arrived and were seated behind us. Odd.

The new Fall menu was very interesting and had gluten free items, local foods. Our breakfasts - disappointing.. cheese omelet - light on the cheese - I think 1/4 c. with spongy eggs. Western omelet - mediocre at best.

I think that the components are there for a really great experience. Good variety yet specialization on the menu...beer, wine service, 24 hour operation. Highly recommended locally. But this time after the greeting it was off it's mark. Too bad that we were in just for a week's vacation. Give it a try, if you are adventurous or have dietary needs. Good luck with others.