“Flambé Saganaki was on fire! Awesome!”
Review of OPA

OPA
Ranked #86 of 433 Restaurants in Frederick
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a great Greek cheese dish... The Flambé Saganaki was on fire (Awesome). I really like the friendly atmosphere and authentic Greek food. The Greek Combination platter was off the hook. And the Gyros were what I would expect in the Mediterranean, very authentic Greek gastronomic experience. Waitstaff was very friendly and attentive. I would definitely recommend to a friend or traveler.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We had a great time at OPA! Everything from the food to the service to the atmosphere was wonderful. I arranged a graduation event with Debbie all over the phone, having never met. Our tables were set up in a great arrangement for our party of 12, appetizers were out as discussed and we were served promptly, what a friendly, efficient staff. Our water glasses were always filled, plates cleared, we never had to ask for either of these things. Our appetizers of horiatika salads, appetizer plates, and fried calamari were delicious. We were never short of delicious pita and rolls. We are a particular group, mostly Greeks (all excellent cooks/bakers) with the rest having been part of our family for over 20 years. We had various dinners, the chicken liver, OPA Combination dinner which consisted of spanakopita, lamb with rice, moussaka, pastitchio, stuffed grapeleaf, chicken kabob and grilled octopus. All ingredients were fresh and the dishes flavorful and well presented. We had baklava and galatoboureko for dessert. The owners were on premises and very nice people. One of the owners stopped by at least 3 times to check discretely and ask if all was to our satisfaction. Debbie was amazing, one of the best servers we have ever worked with in addition to being the event coordinator. If you are not cooking the meal yourself then this is the restaurant you need to visit!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Waited at least 10 for waitress to show up at the table. Then saw her exactly three more times: appetizer, entree, and check. Had foreign object in appetizer, and she said it was "nothing to worry about". Food was bland and overpriced. Only three tables served while there. Even charged extra for bread!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

On a Saturday night at prime time we had a good waitress who was completely overwhelmed by a not exceptionally full room. We suspect a staff shortage was the problem. That said, alcohol sales help a restaurant make money, and no one should have to wait 20 minutes for their beverage of choice. Twice. Note to bartender: martinis are around 5 parts vodka to 1 part vermouth, and not vice versa. Incidentally, the food was good, but all the other mishaps overwhelmed the experience. Hopefully, it was a one-off.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

As a second chance from my last review, I picked OPA as my birthday dinner destination. I have longed to taste the perfectly prepared lamb kabobs for some time and was not disappointed. Medium-rare with a slight char. Very well done. Service was snappy and and all meals were prepared promptly, accurately, and not to mention, deliciously. Gyro platters were the name of the game for my other patrons and the generous portions led to my mid-day replay on the morrow. Dined at 5pm on a Wednesday. Was quiet and comfortable. My only complaint is the dining room temperature which was a tad warm.