US$76
US$66
  • Free Internet
Hotel Victoria(Zafra)(Great Value!)
US$41
Hotel las Palmeras(Zafra)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$106
US$100
Agoda.com
US$156
Orbitz.com
US$59
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Las Eras(Zafra)(Great Value!)
US$44
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cervantes S.L.(Zafra)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Hotel Plaza Grande(Zafra)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstop floorhistoric buildingfestivalfurnitureshowersquareparking
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Fabulous location, fabulous building, friendly service. We had a lovely clean and well appointed room overlooking the square, which on a Saturday night meant very little sleep, but that's hardly the fault of the hotel.

Average breakfast, usual 'tostados' and not much else, but that's just the Spanish way. I would recommend this place, but maybe ask for a room at the back if you are there over the weekend and not up for 4am partying!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beth B
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Of all the hotels I've stayed in over this holdiay wandering around Spain this hotel has to be one of the best. We pick a spot on the map and head for it - not knowing where we will end up. I picked Zafra. My sense of direction must be good as we ended up in the middle of 2 major Plazas surrounded with bars and restaurants in the middle of the afternoon. The place was deserted - apart from 3 people sat at a table having a beer. Hundreds of empty tables and chairs filled the plazas. I asked them in Spanish why everything was shut, and of course, it's siesta time. The Senor told me that the hotels would open at 1730 or 1800 where we would get a room, as we were tired and wanted a gin and tonic and park the car up. You have to pay for parking (pay & display) - it's cheap but a parking ticket is expensive. So we took a gamble and parked up and had some refreshment and a tapas. By 1700 the world woke up and everyone came out of the woodwork - shops opened, and, much to my relief, the Hotel Balcones. On entering I was given a guided tour of the history of the place and how the arches are identicle to the ones in Pompeii, I think from what I could grasp of the conversation it was designed or built by the same person. When my husband brought in our bags he spoke to me in English of course then the hotelier immediately started speaking in English. I just assumed no-one spoke Spanish.

Our room overlooked the Plaza and was very spacious with a huge very comfortable bed. I wouldn't say it was 5 star but just the atmosphere of the whole place lent it to be very memorable. By now the Plazas had started to fill up. The Hotel didn't do evening meals so we asked him to recommend a restaurant. We said we wanted Tapas, so he directed us to a place at the end of the shopping street to a place called La Aubache.

I was very impressed with this food. Tapas consisted of gorgonzola cheese on toast topped with locally made fig jam; deep fried aubergines in a light batter with a home-made tomato sauce; the list was endless - my husband's tuna was quickly seared and then marinated in something and was so tender you could cut it with a fork.

Yes I'd go back - I'd even make a special effort and I definitely want to go back to that restaurant.

By the way if it's shoes you are into, there are hundreds of very good quality shoe shops in town.

Room Tip: Ask for one looking over the Plaza
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chrystiannehayes
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed one night at the Hotel Los Balcones de Zafra. The hotel was a great fine! The owner was delightful. The room was clean. The history behind the hotel and what was found recently during the rennovations is super interesting.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawne71
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was pleasantly surprised. I had booked a much more expensive place to stay but changed my mind at the last minute and am glad I did. The owner was such a gracious host. He showed us around the hotel and explained its history which made our stay even more enjoyable. Our room had a large balcony that looked over the square. The views were wonderful. On the other side of our room we had views of the castle through the windows. The room was very large & very comfortable. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Breakfasts was also included in the cost of the room. It was an excellent continental breakfast.

The entire staff was extremely nice. Everyone made our stay very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PRRoberts
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Finally, we stayed one night more in Zafra for the nice town and this wonderful hotel.
I can feel the owner's pride of this old house when I just arrived Plaza Grande. And it's really well decorated and presented. With a very nice guide by the owner, we visited whole this historic building and got some stories of it. It becomes one of our great memory of Zafra.
In the morning, I stood on the terrace faced to medieval Plaza Grande, feel like back to hundreds years ago.
Hope one day back to Zafra and hotel Los Balcones.

Room Tip: Rooms on third floor is with terrace
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple