All reviews sofa bed jacuzzi tub las vegas place to stay clean rooms exercise room room was large waffles front desk staff king suite next morning cookies great stop great breakfast road trip complimentary breakfast definitely stay here again
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Checked in late two very helpful girls were at the desk both nice and polite. Got a room there was a pull out sofa that I was not expecting which was nice. Had an emergency in the middle of the night and had to take my friend to the er asked the girls about a hospital they printed me out directions. Very nice stay for an overnight they are in a middle of remodeling so rooms do have a slight smell of paint in them yet. Over all I would definitely stay again!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Megan P
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I’m sure for Southern California more than $100 for a mid-range hotel room is acceptable, but I thought it was a little high. This hotel is in the middle of a remodel and they are doing the best they can with what they have. If you park behind the building, you have to walk through the pool area to get in the door and it’s a little awkward. When we were moving our luggage to our motorcycles at checkout, both elevators were out of order. The pool is heated and was quite comfortable on a 70 degree evening. The breakfast was good and had a decent selection of healthy and not so healthy options. The hotel is a good location for travelers. There is a big, clean travel center next door so you have easy access to gas and snacks. There is a shopping district close by where you can find just about kind of food or merchandise you could want. Route 66 runs close by as well.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank vntr66
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed the stay here, very friendly staff . My wife and myself had a 2 queen suite which was clean with a very comfortable bed and good quality linen. They are renovating but this didn’t bother us or affect our stay.
The quality and options for breakfast were very good.
There was plenty of free parking,
There are plenty of places to eat nearby and it has easy access to the freeway.
Altogether a great stay and i would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Nice clean hotel to stop off for the night. The location was close to I 70 and easy to see. The site was doing a remodel but noise was a minimal and done by 5 pm. Slight mess in the third floor hallway due to construction but nothing more than some boxes. Staff was friendly and helpful and the eggs were pretty good in the morning! My only complaint was the yappy dog that wouldn't shut up. I called the front desk as well as several others and the issue was resolved promptly.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We had 2 rooms which we requested 1st floor because of our autistic granddaughter - was told they would make sure when I made reservations. Then I called the morning of & confirmed. We arrived 10 mins prior to check in time & was told the 1st floor was already booked!. Then we had to replace room keys 4 times as they would stop working. Then the 1st night the air conditioning did not work correctly. We burned up all night & could not sleep. Then we get up the next morning to take a nice shower & the pressure in that room was non existant! Also upon arrival we were told one of our rooms was not done yet so it would be about 45 mins & they would call - that did not happen either! After 1 hour & 15 mins we went to front desk & they said oh it has been ready for a while! They did fix the shower (put in a new showerhead & faucet!) But the new air thermostat would cool then kick on the heat to bring back up to setting VERY UNCOMFORTABLE! We know they are doing construction but we think they put us in a room that should have been checked for things working properly before putting us in there. EXTREMEY DISAPPOINTED in this whole experience! Besides one maintenance guy that seemed to really care about all the problems we encountered...no one else seemed to thing this was big deal! PLAGUED WITH PROBLEMS THE ENTIRE STAY! I chose this hotel because TripAdvisor listed a 4 1/2 star rating...I would give it minus stars if I could. They did not even try to appease all the problems we encountered. Not very good service either.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank sitkasmom
gm_caa22, General Manager at Comfort Suites Barstow, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience with us. We openly welcome both good and bad comments. We strive to provide our guests with a perfect stay but when we fall short we appreciate our guests bringing it to our attention. We appreciate the private email giving more detail to your stay. We can assure you all of these items are being addressed and hope you will accept our invitation to give us another try. This is certainly not what our guests typically experience. We will make sure we are more prepared and accommodating to your needs. We hope to see you again and thank you for your time.

At Your Service,