“Good food right next to beach.”

Hostal Sa Tuna Restaurant
Reserve with
Hostal Sa Tuna Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 90 Restaurants in Begur
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Friendly and civilised dining in lovely outdoor area in a beautuful cove. Well frequented by locals as well as visitors. We had fish tapas dishes which were very good, fairly pricey but not excessively so.

Delphine20132015, El equipo de Sa Tuna at Hostal Sa Tuna Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear family

thanks for your honest comments. Always great to read.
We are very glad that you loved our dishes, service and of course the surroundings.

Hope to see you again soon

Your Sa Tuna team

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

It is well located, next to the beach, with amazing view. The food is good, but probably the main reason to go is the view! If visiting Begur... a place to go!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Fun little place at the Playa De Auguablava. It has a great view overlooking the beach and a small bar. Server was pleasant - spoke English and French as well - and the atmosphere was quiet. Food was decent. The big issue though was the price. I think we ended up being taken actually, because they advertise a "Minimum of 2 Persons" menu that is very sneaky. The Lobster Paella was on that menu and was 42 Euros. I thought "why not - that's a famous Spanish dish" and ordered it. A decent sized platter came out that was good, except for when we got the bill. It was 42 Euros PER PERSON, and so the pan of paella basically cost me over $100 US dollars. I don't remember pressing the free prize button from the Dollar Shave Club commercial, but I must have because there could be no other explanation for the momentary black-out. I'm just glad there weren't 3 of us there since I'm sure I would have gotten the same portion but three times the price and would have had to be revived medically.
Anyway, if your kids are on the beach and you want a glass of wine and some fish I'd say go for it. If you are looking for a dinner meal and don't care about the view look elsewhere, as there are better quality places around for much cheaper.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We came here for brunch and although the service was 'laid-back' to say the least, we didn't mind as we were happy just watching the world go by. The food was very good, though a little expensive but we didn't mind, given the view which was amazing, the whitewashed cottages were so pretty and the fact that we were not hurried in the slightest was a bonus.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Fabulous location on the bay of Sa Tuna. I was getting attacked by mosquitos and they happily provided appropriate armour!!

Food wise, it was our last holiday meal and therefore a special occasion. Started with cod fritters (so so), and tuna tartare - (delish). Thereafter, calamari spaghetti (yum) and monk fish on the BBQ (was the highlight). The white wine suggestion was absolutely fabulous and overall it was a really lovely meal to finish our holiday.

Service was very attentive. The best of the area.

1  Thank Heather N