Lowest prices for your stay
US$196
View deal
Hotels.com
Booking.comUS$196
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two days and it was such a great experience. The room was very modern and clean. The bed was comfortable and the terrace had an amazing view where you were able to enjoy the sun.

The breakfast was very nice (flakey croissants, delicious melon etc.)

The host and personnel are extremely friendly and accommodating. They also gave us some great tips on what to do in the area.

Within five minutes walk you can enjoy different beaches and coastal hikes. It is only a short drive to enjoy great restaurant options and sea villages. Definitely a recommendation for a relaxing getaway.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We visited this hotel in July 2017. Firstly I have to say the location is absolutely stunning. It took our breath away, as did views of Begur on arrival just off the coach from Barcelona. We couldn't find the taxi driver and a non English speaking owner of one of the restaurants near the bus stop actually drove us both, cases and all to our hotel, with the help of his friend Hugo who he flagged down to ask if he knew where the hotel was. Hugo duly led the way on his moped. The hotel was gorgeous, beautifully decorated. Our room small, but very clean and attractive and the bathroom perfect. The rooms were cleaned daily to a very high standard, with clean towels as often as needed. The balcony/terrace was very roomy and as well as 2 loungers had a table and chairs and again the views were outstanding. It was tidied and swept daily, Carmel even took our washing in. We received fantastic care from Carmel who served breakfast with a cheerful smile and cleaned the rooms, keeping them spotless. All the staff were lovely, but she was a star and is the heart of the place, an absolute darling. She spoke a little English but did her best to give us advice and helped me attempt some basic Spanish in the mornings. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious with fresh orange juice, tea or coffee and a large selection of food set out to choose from. Cooked eggs and toast also available, it was very relaxing outside the hotel beside a huge olive tree. We ate at the restaurant once and the food was delicious. I got bitten by midges or mosquitos the first morning, but not after that as I wore long skirts or trousers to breakfast and put on natural insect repellent. We also ate at the fish restaurant beside the hotel and again the food was very good. We didn't do enough research and for a couple relying on public transport this was not the ideal location, although the bus stopped outside the hotel and bus timetables were left at the bus stop. The bus visited all the beaches but stopped running fairly early, maybe 7 p.m. from Begur. I think the bus was once an hour. Going to Begur we were able to sit on the terrace and watch the bus go down to the beaches, before making our way down to the bus stop after it went down to the second beach. There is a beach within walking distance (very hilly to walk to), which in July was very crowded, but the location was beautiful. Begur was great and we visited several times. We wouldn't return as you really do need a car, although we managed to get around by bus during the day. It was a mixed experience staying here as there were a couple of things we weren't happy about. We thought that a small fridge could have been installed, perhaps in the wardrobe, or under the desk, although large bottles of water were available to buy from the bar. Tea and coffee making facilities would also have been very welcome and could have been situated on the desk or a tall corner unit could have been added to the end room on the right, between windows, again tea and coffee was available when the bar was open. The restaurant seemed popular and a few evenings it was a little noisy, which wasn't a problem, but the light from below was and blackout curtains would have been useful. These sound like small niggles, but were major drawbacks for us. I also think that a complimentary bottle of water, or free cup of tea or coffee on check in would set the tone for the visit and was the welcome we received in Barcelona at a far cheaper hotel. Also unlike the helpful stranger in Begur, I cannot see the owner of this hotel offering us a lift anywhere. We checked out a day early opting for an extra day in Barcelona rather than a taxi to the bus stop for an early coach the next day. We had asked if there was anything further we needed to do to check out and were assured everything had been done. At the Begur bus stop waiting for the coach the owner rang me and said my payment hadn't gone through and he said he would drive out to the bus stop in Begur to collect payment. I had specifically asked if we had done everything necessary and as I was paying by card not cash and the coach was due within minutes this wasn't possible and I have to say he waited until the next day for me to sort it out, which was technically our last day, as we left a day early. It had been a case of my bank doing a random stop on an unusual payment and I appreciated the owner's patience.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank annette12381
Reviewed 19 October 2017

My husband and I had our wedding dinner and party at L'Aixart and it was wonderful!
We were supposed to have it on the terrace, but it rained (on our wedding day in early September!), so we moved it inside. Jordi and his team were very helpful and arranged everything for us. The dining room inside is gorgeous with big windows that overlook the ocean, so it was still very nice inside. We had a lot of different appetizers, which were all delicious and then the main course. All our guests really enjoyed the dinner and dessert station later. We had a DJ and danced all night! It was truly a memorable night and I can't thank Jordi enough for everything he's done to make our wedding a success.
Also, some of our guests rented the rooms they have, and they were great as well - clean, beautiful and with ocean view! I'm so happy that we found this special place to celebrate our special day!!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Clean, well appointed rooms with views of the sea. FANTASTIC restaurant. Complimentary breakfast includes eggs, meats, cheeses, breads, fruits, and fresh orange juice and coffee. Lunch and dinner are a wonderful display of international preparations of local fish, meats, and vegetables. Grilled fresh fish each night -- good selection of wines -- fantastic service. Why stay somewhere else?

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank KKainz1
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Frouke and I visited the l'aixart hotel late april 2017. And it was honestly excellent! We arrived at around 10 p.m. Of course the kitchen was closed but the great and very friendly staff made it something to eat anyway. The staff was helpful in more ways. They gave us tips for sights and activities. They served a great breakfast and the room was spotless clean and very tastefully decorated (like the rest off the hotel).
We haven't tried the restaurant but we heard that it is really good as well.
Don't skip this hotel, book it!
Frouke and I really had the most wonderful stay and we thank the lovely owner and the rest of the staff!!!!
Frouke and Julien