Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
CheapTickets
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2018

There is a nightclub licensed to operate up to 3-30 next door, u do not hear the music but when people leave they congregate round the exit door. It is on a very narrow street and so their talking is amplified by the surrounding walls and woke me up every morning, so beware of booking a room which is on the street side.
The Hotel is nice, very clean and tidy and the rooms are what I saw good sized. The internet connection I have never experienced before, u have to sign on every time u use it, that needs to change. The breakfast is usual hotel standard, fruit ,cold meat , cereals, bread and rolls, on demand u can have boiled egg, fried egg with one rasher of bacon, and one egg scrambled or made into a one egg omelet . The morning Cook has the habit of banging the plates down on the table, and she could do with a refresher course at a Charm School. Someone said in a review that it had a FABULOUS Breakfast, that person should visit Hotel Helios Costa Tropical in Almunecar next to Costa del Sol. The hotel has three car parking spaces near by at a cost of 12 Euros per day, before we left to go to Bergur I emailed the hotel twice to ask them where to go and park my car on my second email the answer came back "front of hotel Aiguabrava", I have kept the email and if u want to see it I will pass it on, look up where that hotel is situated ?????
The tv channels in the room are all Spanish, for a four star hotel who are u kidding at least one ???English speaking news program is uselessly the minimum.
The Spa is nice and we did enjoy, but on one occasion the steam room was cold and without steam, why ??
Would we stay in this hotel again, yes the prices of booking direct with the hotel are very good value but not on the main road side, the restaurant we would eat at it again, but that is on a another review.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Begur is a Catalan town with beautiful architecture typical of Catalan in the old town. There are many restaurants and bars in the centre and hotel is right in the middle of town. Therefore access is on foot but there is parking a very short walk away. Although the town is lively as soon as you enter the hotel there is an air of tranquility. This is also reflected in the spa area that could be used by guest with no charge unless you wished a specific treatment. The room was very clean with good air conditioning and a well stocked mini bar if you wanted it. The bed was incredibly comfy allowing a good nights rest. Breakfast was extensive and fresh. The staff were very friendly helpful and courteous. We loved this town and indeed the hotel. Would definitely return.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I took my wife to the Classic Hotel Begur with two of our friends to celebrate her 50th birthday. I can honestly say that this is a lovely little hotel. The room was very clean and tidy, the view from the balcony looked up to the castle. The service was excellent and the staff very helpful and polite, breakfast was traditional as you would expect.

The Spa facility is down in the basement small and intimate with everything you need to relax and unwind. As for the location you cant get better, it is bang in the middle of the square. Turn right out of the hotel door and your in it. Begur is a lovely little town with a traditional feel rather than your normal tourist resort. The Tapas bars and restaurant's are all good value we never had a bad meal.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel for a short break, we will definitely be back next year.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Maurici A, Propietario at Classic Begur Hotel-spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you very much for lodging with us, and thank you for your opinion. We wait them to return to give them the welcome.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Never in my life have I been treated as poorly as I was during my stay in this hotel. The service is dismal which is unfortunate because the hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms and terraces are lovely.

I was planning to give it 3 stars prior to our experience checking out. We had a train to catch in Barcelona so planned to check out at 8 am to start the drive. Upon coming downstairs the kitchen staff told us no one was there to check us out and that we would have to wait an hour for the other staff to arrive and that we should have told them yesterday that we wanted to leave “early”. I can understand it we were checking out before 7 am, however we were never told of a such policy. I had prepaid one night already and asked her to just use the card on file to charge the second night because we would miss our train if we waited. She refused and threatened to call the police!!! On a paying customer who was trying to figure out a solution to a problem that was not our issue!

30 minutes later she finally agreed to run our card.

If there is a checkout time - it should be communicated on arrival. We would have been happy to inform them about our plans if we knew it would be such a problem.

The other staff was less than helpful throughout our stay and usually on personal phone calls while we waited to ask questions or for more information. We were also unable to get any ice despite the hotel having an attached restaurant.

Begur is beautiful and we had a wonderful experience at every other establishment that we visited in the town. I would stay away from the Classic Hotel.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We were in love room 2016. It's a good room with a very big and comfortable bed and a very big hydromassage bathtub, very nice. The price of the room includes access to the spa on the basement, which includes a hot water pool and a small sauna which, in our case, was not very warm. Breakfast was included, not bad.
For the price we paid, very good, we would go back

Date of stay: February 2018