“Great staff, a good stay”

Concord's Colonial Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 6 October 2017

We stayed for two days in early October 2017, a room in the Prescott wing, which is the newer wing of the Inn. The Inn is a bit confusing, but one of the other guests got us from the parking lot to the front desk. There is some signage, but in one spot there isn't, so you feel like you might be lost. However, once you are there for a while, it makes sense. Our room was small, bathroom smaller, but great linens and towels, and good water pressure in the shower. The staff across the board is fantastic. We chose to have breakfast here two mornings (got a $20 credit in the restaurant for $10), and dinner one night at Merchant's Row. Very attentive wait staff, friendly, and accommodating. The front desk staff is great as well. Centrally located in Concord, close to Minute Man State Park. Easy access to highways, but out of the way, and quiet. We stayed in 308, back side of the hotel and out of the fray. We'd stay in that room again. Be aware that there is no elevator, so ask for a lower floor if you have mobility issues. Staff very helpful with luggage if you need it.

Room Tip: rooms away from the stairs or not on hallways leading to the parking or restaurants are the quietest
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BinkleyB

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Charming old inn but our room was small and stuffy. Service was excellent in the hotel and the restaurant but warning: chef doesn't toast the English muffins under his various eggs Benedict so they're a mushy mess under the poached eggs and not worth eating. I had remembered this from a year or two ago and asked the waitress to request a toasted muffin but the request wasn't granted and I didn't want to complain. The fried breakfast potatoes were yummy though.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank lsthomson5
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Stopped in to the Colonial Inn on the way home from Portland and found it to be a quaint, lovely old historic inn, originally built in 1716, and located at Monument Square...we had drinks and dessert while relaxing on the veranda on a beautiful late summer afternoon - the Indian pudding was the best I ever had, served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, the drinks reasonable priced and the service attentive and friendly. Supposedly haunted, I understand Henry David Thoreau stayed there while attending Harvard.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We stayed At Concord's Colonial Inn this weekend. I must say I have nothing but praise. I have written many reviews and I don't like to hold back good or bad. I prefer the good and that is what I found here. I also expect where we stay to give us the best they have got to give and that is what we received.

Our room was very clean and comfortable. 5 star nights sleep.

We enjoyed meeting Kim and Jada at the front desk who were not only helpful but efficient and knowledgeable.

We were cheerfully and thoughtfully waited on in Merchants Row (the hotel's restaurant). Our wait staff, Sheila and Jasmine were fun and amazingly brilliant in remembering all our dining orders. As for the chef and the kitchen staff, we didn't meet them, they have to be top notch because the food was terrific. Kevin the manager in Merchants Row obviously does a great job to have such and ideal staff. The grounds are clean, pretty and very comfortable.

I don't always get to write this high a praise in my Trip-Advisor reviews but believe me I enjoyed writing this one. We will most certainly be back!! Oh and be sure to try out Room #24 if you like a haunted room.... I'll tell you this place has it all!! ~~~MaryAnn

PS: I only wish they sold sweat shirts in the gift shop for cool fall nights.

Room Tip: I prefer a street facing room. This way you can watch people walk the common in the morning.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Staying here for the last night of our vacation because we have an early flight out of Boston. It is a very nice place, warmly appointed rooms. We arrived to find out our room was not yet ready and the lady at the desk asked us if we would like to be upgraded. Well, of course we would. Wow, and what an upgrade it is - large room, like a small apartment with a full kitchen, large bathroom and very large room with similar sized 4 poster bed. Not to mention a 50+" HDTV. Could not ask for a better way to spend the last night of our long vacation. Excellemt restaurant on site. We highly recommend this place. And not just because we were upgraded. I looked into the other rooms and although obviously smaller, they are still very nice with colonial style furniture.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
3.3 km away
Element Lexington
#2 of 4 in Lexington
10 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston / Waltham

Been to Concord's Colonial Inn? Share your experiences!