Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #74 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Charlotte, NC
“Not bad”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Rooms were clean, and beds were comfortable. MARTA is a straight shot, but a little inconvenient at over a mile. The immediate area is very upscale and lacks an array of options for dining and entertainment. Better than average for sure. Seems to be a very safe neighborhood. The included breakfast lacks hot meal choices, but had a great selection of cold choices...fruits, cereals, soft boiled eggs, muffins, and bagels. The Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the lobby were a nice touch

• Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My wife and I just stayed at this Hotel last week for a long weekend getaway. I will start this off by saying the hotel staff were nice, but that is the end of any good review. FIRST ISSUE: When we got to our room we noticed a little bit of a musty smell, but it was not terrible and honestly that's not the first time I have smelled that in a hotel room. NEXT ISSUE: My wife and I went to check out the pool and noticed her door card did not work. So she went to have it reprogramed. Two uses later it needed reprogramed again. By the time we left the hotel, her card had to be reprogramed at least 4 times we could think of. We suggested replacing the card, but each time they said "this should do it", but it didn't. Yes after the 2nd time we made sure the card stayed clear of electronics, I even carried my wife's phone, but the card still would stop working. NEXT ISSUE: After the sleeping in the bed the first night, we noticed the next afternoon some tiny blood spots on the sheets and no it was not from us...So we called at about 2:30pm to report it and they said they would send someone right up. At about 3:30pm no one shows up so we call again. Again they said they would send someone right up. At 4:30pm We call again This time letting them know it needs to be addressed now. However now, they had to search for housekeeping because they "hoped they didn't leave yet". Finally someone came to change out the linen. As the new blanket was being put on I noticed that the new blanket they brought us had....a blood stain!!! So she ran and got us a new blanket. In review at this point, the original bottom sheet had a bloodstain. The new blanket had a bloodstain and after replacing those for us there was one more sheet that goes on top of that. While that sheet was being put on, the housekeeper stopped abruptly and took it back off ( I can only assume she saw something, but I don't know what) and she ran once again to get a new sheet again...We picked Fairfield Inn because we thought it would at least be decent, but needless to say we don't plan on staying in that hotel or probably any Fairfield again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank NewTipper T
Randall G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
I would like to invite you and your wife back, hopefully we can give you a more pleasent experience. Your stay was horrible and never should have happen. New management with a staff willing to go beyond to make your next stay a pleasent one. Please contact me when you're in the area, I will personally make sure everything was in order.

Randall Gann
404-846-0900
New York
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is a worn hotel and needs a refresh. Bed was lumpy, like sleeping on a hill. Overall rooms were tired and need everything new. Even thought it was clean, it just seemed dirty. On the plus side was the front desk staff.

Room Tip: Away from Piedmont Rd
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My daughter and I were in town for try-outs for our Women's National Deaf Soccer Team. The location is like in a downtown area and parking could be tight depending on time of year. The staff is very welcoming and helpful. Our room was very stuffy, so we turned on the AC. When we got back from dinner, the room was much better. The pool is a JOKE. The whole thing is only 3 feet deep and is only around 12 feet long. We were very upset because the pool was the main reason we stayed there so my daughter could relax in the pool after her training. The bathroom leaves MUCH to be desired. The sink area is sooooo small, there is barely room to set down your brush and curling iron. You get a very small bottle of shampoo and conditioner, but no lotion, which we always use. I liked the mattress, but if you don't like it soft, you won't sleep well. The breakfast is ok. There is the typical waffle maker, fruit and bagels, but no eggs or sausage/bacon. You can microwave a breakfast sandwich. Once again, you get what you pay for, we paid $71 per night.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank pastrymom
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for several business visits to Atlanta and have consistently enjoyed good service and pleasant accommodations. This location is super convenient and offers a clean, comfortable room, along with an attentive staff. I also like the fact that they offer complimentary passes to a nearby full service gym/fitness facility. I will be staying here on my next trip to Atlanta

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business