“Beautiful rooms with great views”

The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead
Ranked #6 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Greenville, South Carolina
“Beautiful rooms with great views”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We love the RC! My husband and I try to get-away once a year to Atlanta and we love to stay on the concierge level at the RC. For sure worth the price for a special occasion!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I always like it when I am able to stay here during trips to Atlanta. This Ritz has all the trappings you expect from a Ritz:
-Thoughtful, tasteful service from staff
-Clean, quiet rooms
-Great location
-Top-notch lounge that lets you relax and enjoy
-Beautiful food options
-Relaxation

Cons:
I can't really think of any.

Room Tip: Views aren't great from most rooms unless you're on the very top floors. Otherwise, avoid r...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KTnDC
Rye Brook, New York
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Upon arrival at this hotel we were all very tired from a long and delayed flight and had just managed to find the hotel with Avis's terrible Where2 gps system. However, it was nice to find a welcoming front desk representative and our executive one bedroom suite ready for our arrival.

The hotel lobby is very nice with mahogany (or teak, I'm not sure) decorating the entire floor along with large portraits and classical furniture. The entire hotel gave off a very nice floral scent which was a nice change from a cramped airplane cabin smell.

We were given a suite on the 16th floor of the hotel overlooking the roof of the fitness center and in the background we were able to see the downtown Atlanta skyline. The room itself was large enough for 3 people, with a half bathroom in the living room portion and a full bathroom in the bedroom portion.
The living room had a nice sized pull out couch but was never made by housekeeping automatically at night, I had to call down each night for it to be made. Since our son was traveling with us, this was an absolute necessity. Our first night, I called down too late at night and housekeeping had left for the day. The representative asked if I could make the bed myself. However, to the staff's credit, they did bring up clean sheets and a clean blanked which would have otherwise been a dirty blanket. My other complaint about the living room was that the chair at the desk was too low to work comfortably on a laptop. Each time I was at the desk, I needed to put a sofa cushion under myself to work at a proper height, me being average height. If the hotel would have just put a standard office chair at the desk, it would have been much better.
The bedroom portion of the room was just as large as the living room but the bed itself was not very comfortable. Every night I slept, it felt like I was sleeping in a valley in the bed, making it very uncomfortable. My wife however did not have the same issue on her side of the bed.
Besides those complaints the room itself was very nice, with very clean bathrooms and furniture. I did like how I was able to link up my phone to the television and use it as a remote control. This became vey useful because I had no clue which channel was which in Atlanta and being able to quickly change from nbc to discovery was a real plus. There were two flat screen tvs in the room, and both were able to pick up HD channels, not just distorted standard definition tv.
If you have a chance, the hotel restaurant The Cafe is a wonderful place that serves fantastic food for dinner, probably some of the best in Atlanta. One dish that sticks out in my memory was the banana chocolate bread pudding, absolutely divine. They also have a very nice breakfast buffet every morning with proper cheese grits, biscuits, and gravy. Lets just say if this restaurant were in New York, it would do quite well.
The hotel is very close to both Phipps Plaza and Lenox mall, yet walking to each was a real challenge, since Atlanta is not a pedestrian friendly city like New York.
Overall, I gave the hotel four stars because it deserved better than 3 since it was not a Hilton or Marriott and the service was a bit more attentive. I would probably stay here again but maybe I should check out the Mansion on Peachtree next time.

Room Tip: I hear the club floor is very nice, maybe if you don't chose a suite it would be a nice upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Classic Ritz Carlton elegance. Wonderful rooms, great service. Fabulous food. Close to shopping. The lobby bar really is hopping on a Friday night. Not sure if they were hotel guests or local business people. The only thing I found to be a little “funny” was there was a hooker in the lobby bar (when I was sitting in my room I saw her get off the bus and watched her strut into the hotel) and low and behold she was down in the bar….’waiting to be approached’. I was surprised the staff didn’t ask her to leave…..but I guess there is a “need” for that type on a Friday night for all those lonely businessmen….something for everyone at the Atlanta Ritz.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 2ChildrenOfTheWorld
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The Ritz in Buckhead is a classy and well run property. I would choose this hotel for any type of Atlanta visit.

Great lobby bar - really rocks with activity from early cocktail hour to later evening chat time.
Power location for the power types!

Perssonal service at the Ritz is expected and delivered...well done!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business