“Love it! Love it! Love it!”

The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead
Ranked #8 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Alexandria, Virginia
“Love it! Love it! Love it!”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

From the moment we walked in the lobby, The Ritz at Buckhead was exactly what I needed! A relaxing vacation in luxurious accommodations. Every detail and request was met and exceeded, from the bellman to the front desk special requests, always the Ritz came through to ensure my special girl's weekend was enjoyable. I loved their Club level food, the buffet breakfast on the weekend and the live band on Saturday night. It was all so special and luxurious. I also enjoyed the fitness center and pool area to work off some of those extra calories!

Room Tip: Ask if you can get upgraded to Club Level for an additional fee. Its worth it!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Korean first
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We have stayed at the Ritz-Carlton numerous times over the years, simply for pleasure trips. I often travel with friends and my 8-yr-old daughter, and we love being treated well. This is the perfect hotel for that! From check-in to check-out, we have always had a fabulous experience at this hotel. Even the valet service is superior to other hotels. Room service, believe it or not, is timely and delicious, and the waitstaff is incredibly friendly and accommodating, even taking time to talk with the children. The hotel is located conveniently near Phipps Plaza (great upscale shopping), good restaurants and Lenox Square. And if something's not nearby, they offer a car service within a certain distance. Otherwise, they will hire a car service for you. The concierge always seems knowledgeable and has always been able to get us reservations anywhere we wanted, when we wanted them. Everything at this hotel is perfect, but the rooms are just a tad bit on the small side. Comfortable bedding, comfortable rooms, excellent service, great food, friendly staff. In a city, it doesn't get better than this.

• Stayed October 2011
CHICAGO
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I admit I am a toiletries hoarder, and I would pay more to stay in a hotel that have nice toiletries. Initially I thought most Ritz Carlton use Bvlgari if not similiar category, and I totally fell in love with it after I stayed at the Ritz in San Francisco. I had read some reviews on tripadvisor regarding this property (as well as Ritz Atlanta) use Ritz Carlton brand toiletries. I had talked with some friends and also call and confirm with the hotel, Bvlgari is available on request.

When I checkin, I inquire about Bvlgari toiletries, the gentleman at the front desk said no problem, he will ask someone to send a set to my room. I asked if I can get more than one set and he said no. I was like begging him to give me more than one set, as I come all the way from Chicago to stay at a Rtiz just for Bvlgari. but he said firmly no. Since when is Ritz being so stingy, they charge double, or triple what it cost from a Hilton, a simple and cheap toiletries (cost no more than $10 or even much less) request can't even be honored ?

More shockingly when I talked to the gentleman at the checkin desk about the Ritz Carlton brand toiletries they are using, he told me that is actually Neutrogena ! I can't believe a 5 star hotels would use a 3 star hotel using. While Hilton, Doubletree, Embassy Suites had taken one step forward from Neutrogena to more upscale Peter Thomas Roth or Crabtree & Evelyn, Ritz had actually taken a one step backward. When I open that Ritz Carlton brand body wash in my room, it doesn't even smell like Neutrogena, it smell like some toilet cleaner !

While Atlanta is a 2nd or 3rd tier city comparing LA, San Francisco, or New York, Ritz should use consistency about what they offered. Or at least when being asked on request, not be so stingy consider what they are charging.

Also no one even opened the door for me despite they have more than one doorman, and no one offered a bottle of water for me at arrival like in the Ritz san Francisco.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ORDnHKG
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed here for three nights and it was the first time at this property. The rooms are out dated and the pool and jacuzzi were just gross. Mold was around the jacuzzi and just felt dirty. Will stay at JW Marriott next time which is right around the corner.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our anniversary. We were treated like royalty! They immediately upgraded us to a suite at no extra cost. The grounds were beautiful and copy to perfection. Considering the age of the hotel I was concerned that it would feel old, and especially SMELL old, but not the smell was clean and new. The looks of the interior were like a high priced wine aged to perfection! One of my favorite stays ever! We will return!

• Stayed February 2012