“Be careful if you arrive late...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center

Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Ranked #44 of 177 Hotels in Atlanta
Columbia, Missouri
“Be careful if you arrive late...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

it appeared they sold my reservation out from under me when I showed up at 10:30 PM, their is also a problem with homeless people in the area loitering late at night. I had reserved a room with double beds since I was traveling with family. But all they had left was a room with a king, so they ended up rolling in a temporary bed. I was more then a little annoyed about this. But the desk personnel tried to smooth things over by comping breakfasts for the duration of the trip. Unsure of what else was available in the area at this late notice and the fact that another business was paying for accommodations forced us to accept that.

I submitted my select guest information, but then they forgot to give me my complimentary water. At the time I just assumed it might be waiting in our room. Being that this hotel has two towers and 28 floors, I didn't got back for the water that late at night.

Other then that my stay was wonderful. I placed my tag on the door and got complimentary drink service in the morning. My father a coffee, me the soda guy I got a red bull to perk my up for my big day (but no newspaper). From the bed in our original room was a tremendous view facing Centennial Olympic Park. We could see some kind of running event taking place, as well as the UFC tailgate event from the room.

We headed out for breakfast and enjoyed the buffet. Egg station, Sausages, Bacon, Break, fruit, oatmeal, and cereal. Good spread and something for even the most picky breakfast eaters.

We got our room swapped to twin beds. The next room was a little less fancy to accommodate both beds. NOT a bedside view. Both rooms were a little dates tv wise. The TV looked kind of staticy and were older models.

Given we were not in town to watch TV and packed a ton to do into our day that wasn't an issue. We ended up going to the Georgia Aqaurium (GA tickets cost ~$40 per person including fees). The aquarium is quite nice if you can stand the crowds. Its a short 2-3 block walk that most children could handle. The same can be said fro World of Coke, although we didn't get to go.

Then came the reason we were in town in the first place. We went to a UFC 145 reception at the Omni's Atrium. The Atrium if you are unsure is the floor up from the lobby (M4) by way of the glass elevators. It presents a great view of CNN lobby (including the not so spectacular food court). We had drinks and mingled with the fighters. Then took the convenient elevator down to the bottom level, and accessed Philips Arena entrance from the food court. Though a note to people visiting the arena, don't plan to return the way you came. They seem to close it down at night.

Arriving back at 1AM I forgot to order a redbull for the road. But enjoyed another quick breakfast (Orange Juice, Omlet, Pineapple, and smoked bacon--yum). Checkout went without incident.

Room Tip: Tip: I would avoid outside area near the park late at night, a large number of homeless seem to cong...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Although we are happy to hear you had a wonderful stay we are sorry that your accommodations were not available when you initially arrived. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will consider staying at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Korean first
Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

An expansive and somewhat confusingly organized hotel in the heart of downtown Atlanta, the Omni provides excellent access to Centennial Olympic Park, CNN center, and the Georgia Aquarium. Rooms are located in two towers joined by a sky bridge at the lobby level on the second floor. Check-in staff was very helpful and even allowed us to use the fitness center for freshening up when we arrived before our room was available. The rooms are spacious and clean, and many have excellent views of downtown Atlanta. Beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are well appointed.

The only downside we encountered was an extra ten dollar fee for wi-fi, which didn't actually work during much of our stay. In the end, they didn't charge us for it, so it worked out OK, although it would have been a problem if we'd really needed the wi-fi access to work. All in all, it was a very nice hotel, and I would likely stay here again when back in downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are pleased to hear that you would stay with us at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center if your travels bring you back to Downtown Atlanta. Thank you for your wonderful review. We hope will have the chance to welcome you back soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This is a very nice hotel adjacent to the Georgia World Convention Center. The rooms were clean with good amenities. The service was excellent. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Management100, Manager at Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for such kind comments about your recent stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Somerset, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I recently stayed at the OMNI hotel at CNN Center. It is a beautiful hotel, however, the pillows were horrible! I hardly slept because of them. But the hotel was clean, and close to alot of attractions. The staff was wonderful. If you do stay here make sure to sign up for the OMNI select club - well worth it!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We apologize that our pillows were not to your liking. We do understand that we cannot provide everyone with the same level of comfort. It’s nice to know that you enjoyed our hotel, staff and local attractions. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future and we will do everything possible to make your stay comfortable.
Miramar, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I feel my three stars might be a bit critical because the hotel itself is nice enough and in a nice location. The room was a decent size and comfortable enough. The hotel was clean and so were the omkon areas. I like that there is a food court and the connecting CNN center. My main issue with this hotel is it was a little too big and very confusing to find your way around. I don't mind the fact that it was a large hotel but it made me not want to leave my room at all. Going down for breakfast was a task and especially where my room was situated within the hotel. I was in the North Tower. Not much on my end of the hotel except a coffee shop which served cold fruit and coffee. I was located on the conference room side. The restaurants are located on the South side of the hotel as well as easy access to the CNN food court. Also, I had reserved a King sized bed but on the week of my stay, there were absolutely no king beds available which would have been okay if their "standard" bed was not as tiny as it was. I felt like I was sleeping in a bed slightly larger than a twin. I have a thin, 5ft 8in tall frame, so I don't need a huge bed but this bed had me calling down to the front desk and begging for the first King that became available. Also, the lighting was pretty dim in the room. Made it difficult to apply my make up. I had to open the curtains for natural lighting, which I don't really like to do because I'm always afraid of people being able to see into my room. During my stay, there was a marathon scheduled on the main road along side the hotel. At 5:30am, the morning of the marathon, i was awakened to a man yelling into a microphone 16 stories down and thousands of screaming marathon runners. The screaming and yelling took place for approximately 2hours which made sleeping impossible! I know that this is no fault of the hotel but it amazed me how loudly the sounds were and how it sounded as if my window was open allowing the noise in but my windows were sealed shut. This hotel overlooks Centennial Olympic park and just as a warning, if there is a large event going on, don't expect peace and quiet. Now onto the convention center. The hotel and convention center are literally a stones throw away from one another yet, the event that I was in town for was located in Building C. Wow! The walk was a mile long so avoid wearing your high heels until you get to your location. The convention center is huge! My three star rating is for the hotel but I wanted to add this additional information because I felt it is important to know.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We apologize for the room type issue that you experienced. We know your stay at the Omni Hotel at CNN Center was not ideal, but we hope you will consider staying with us again.