“Piano bar is a hideaway ”

Varasano's Pizzeria
Ranked #476 of 4,148 Restaurants in Atlanta
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Stuck in airport and have to admit that I got lucky with this side bar at terminal A
Hidden in the back you'll find the piano man and if lucky you'll find an airline pilot playing a guitar . Not kidding
What a trip this place is!!!
The best part is the staff
I got lucky with Krystal as my wait staff and an amazing employee she is with a great smile.
I had a very thin crust pizza
The sauce on the Nana's special is a marvelous taste and the hot salami on top was a keeper
Between the staff,musicians and great pizza it worth the subway ride over to terminal A
Best 2hour delay at an airport yet

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Just wandered into this place to have a drink. Wound up staying for a few hours and had a great time. Ordered some food to go and loved the garlic bites. Would highly recommend the Moscow mule with strawberrys and basil!

Reviewed 9 July 2017

It was surprisingly good for airport food. The drinks were outstanding. I had the house salad and it was delicious. The service was great and the atmosphere very relaxing with someone playing the piano.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

So I don't know how to write this review. I've never quite had an experience like I did today at Varasanos in the Atlanta Airport. The food was great, which is hard to find in the airport. However that was not the problem.

What was an issue was the service. I sat the bar. It was a little less than half full at the time. There were two ladies behind the bar talking. After a few minutes a young man from behind the register on the take out side came to give me some water and ask if I wanted anything to drink. At the time I thought I just sat in his section and he covered both areas. A few more minutes went by (the two ladies were still talking) and he came back to take my order. While I waited on my pizza I watched as the two other ladies (Dimi & Leatt) served and checked on everyone else at the bar including the person to my left and when someone came at sat to my right. Then when the man to my left left and someone else sat down they tended to him as well. Did I really sit in the only seat that was not in their section? The entire time not one word was spoken to me or was I ever acknowledged. My food was brought out by a very nice man from the back. I watched this for about 45 minutes as people came and went. Even when I finished my meal not a single word. As I looked around the bar I realized I was the only person of color. This really couldn't be it I thought. I have never experienced something like this. But then I couldn't deny it. I got up and went to the take out like to pay for my food. The young man, Kurt, who took my order at the bar politely said ma'am you can pay at the bar. I explained that I could not. Just as much as those ladies did not want to serve me, I no longer wished to be served by them. It truly was an unfortunate experience. I feel for the people who have to work with these ladies everyday. I could have caused a scene but to be honest I was in so much shock. I later learned that they were both managers. I will write to the owners and encourage others who have this experience to say something as well.

1  Thank RaeToGo
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

My flight was delayed and lucky for me to be on A concourse which means an unplanned lunch at the Piano Bar and a Varasano Ultimate Calzone. And while a prefer overstuffed Calzones, with Varasano less is more. More flavor with the sun dried tomatoes demanding equal time with the pepperoni and cheese. Great place that happens to be at an airport. Good service too!