“Birthday dinner a success!”
Review of Two Urban Licks

Two Urban Licks
Reserve with OpenTable
Two Urban Licks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 4,310 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Poncey-Highland
Cross street: Ralph McGill Blvd.
Reviewed 29 July 2017

We returned to Two Urban Licks for the first time in several years to celebrate a friend's birthday...I was a little apprehensive that it wasn't going to be as good as I remembered it....but it was.

We were there early 6pm for dinner so the crowd had not arrived yet so the noise level wasn't so bad that we couldn't talk, but as the night went on it did get noisier. Yes, you do have to use Valet parking but they were fast and efficient.

We were greeted warmly and shown immediately to our table where our waiter took excellent care of us.

We started with 2 appetizers...the Salmon Chips (which I did not try but others in the group did - and loved them) and the Pimento Cheese Hush Puppies with green chili jam - which I LOVED - unfortunately there were only 3, so my husband didn't get one.

Next I had a lovely Kale Salad with Currants, pine nuts, crispy prosciutto, goat cheese, sherry honey vinaigrette - a flavorful combination which I split with my girlfriend who thought it was the best Kale Salad she had ever tasted. My husband had the Mussels - and it was a much larger plate than he expected, but he did say they were tasty.

For the main course I had the Bronzed Scallops with Gouda Grits and they were just as tender and savory as I remembered them being. My husband had the Smoked Chicken with White Cheddar Mac n Cheese....which I almost stole...and another member of our party had a Pork Dish which he also enjoyed.

While I was quiet full...we had to try dessert, so my husband and I split t Sundae which had Vanilla Malted Ice Cream Popcorn, peanuts and a Caramel sauce that was wonderful. Another member had an cherry cobbler with a mint pepper ice cream....the pepper ice cream was unusual....I was glad I got the ice cream.

Afterwards we waddled out to the car - glad to have a Valet get the car and bring it to us. Maybe I won't wait so long before returning to 2 Urban Licks....maybe in the fall where we can sit outside?

Reviewed 28 July 2017

super cool vibe but terrible food!

salmon chips - are you kidding me!? was like someone opened a can of salmon and minced it up and put it on chips

lamb steak - I love lamb and was all over this as our waiter highly recommended it. tough flavorless cut of meat

calamari - very crispy but calamari cut soooo thin you cant even taste it

great vibe and awesome location but don't know how they fool sooooo many people w the poor food quality. good for them I guess!!

1  Thank 743geraldg
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I love this place. From the ambiance to the vibe and food, this place hits on all your senses for a good romantic special dinner. The pork shank is really good and the tuna tar tar is also amazing. The lighting is perfect and the staff is very attentive and and knowledgeable about the food and drinks. Their recommendations are always on par for what you want and they take good care of their guest. I would def recommend going here. I've been at least 40 times and figured I had to rave about it by now!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Two Urban Licks has a vibrant scene right on the Beltline. Inside is loud and "happening" or eat outside on the comfy chairs and watch the sun go down. Service is great. The food is delicious. The salmon chips is a definite app to order...delicious! The tuna poke appetizer is also very good. We ordered the following and everyone enjoyed: Branzino, Georgia white shrimp (spicy), Amberjack. One person in our group ordered the brisket and didn't like it...just ok.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We took our date night here and boy, has it gone downhill- FAST!! I was here less than a year ago and it was fabulous. Not so much anymore. Bad lamb and steak after a bad drink. They honestly thought they were doing me a favor by taking off the bad food. Literally sending out low quality cuts and food that was over and under cooked. Spend your time anywhere else.

1  Thank Ablessed1227

Been to Two Urban Licks? Share your experiences!