“Birthday Dinner with my Boss”
Review of Atlas

Atlas
Reserve with OpenTable
Atlas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #102 of 4,302 Restaurants in Atlanta
Description: Located within the St. Regis Atlanta, Atlas celebrates the very best in seasonal American cuisine combined with European influences. Revel in a fine dining experience in the dining room or join us at The Tavern featuring an all-new, chef-driven small plates menu and hand-shaken cocktails. With a focus on curating fresh ingredients from local farms, this chef-driven restaurant brings unparalleled culinary experiences to the capital of the South.
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We were there on Dec 30, and my Boss brought some wine and I brought wine, we had a great dinner. the Foie Gras was fantastic, as was the Rabbit. My wife's entrée stole the show - the Lobster en croute ... was super rich and decadent. the Paris Brest dessert was un usual, but very tasty. Atlas continues to be the best in Atlanta. However there are a couple of training issues ... in other places you would pass those completely by, but I believe Atlas is trying to be Atlanta's version of the "French Laundry"... so here are my notes:

1. We had to wait for about 10 min for our table - this after having made the reservation over a week before. the welcome is a bit luke warm... young girls but no sense of hospitality. the Young French man was very polite, but still no communication or greeting of - Let me take your coats, it will be just a couple of min for your table ...

2. My bosses entrée - was not hot... in fact the plate was actually cold. they took it back and removed it from the bill, which was the right thing to do, but it was a bit disappointing ...

3. the waiter that cleared the table - needs better training - stacking the dishes on the table ..? even for a min is a No no... also the waiters had difficulty handing plates to my wife who sat on the inside of the banquette... not sure what to do but it seemed a tad clunky.

4. The Sommelier made a huge show of the wine we brought - which was nice but not needed, ( Carudes de Laffite 2003) he poured the first bottle of wine and then disappeared. had to ask for new glasses for the 2nd bottle of wine ( went from Pinot to Cab ) ...

overall these were small issues. there is no where else in Atlanta to eat like this.. so I hope they can keep it going. happily the dining room was full by the time we left.

Geno D, General Manager at Atlas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

We are so thankful for guests who truly immerse themselves in the experience at Atlas, and greatly appreciate that you recognize that we are striving to set a new bar for dining in Atlanta. We are thrilled to read about your love of the meal, and grateful for the points to improve on for your next visit. We will certainly work to up our game and appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Hands down this is the best restaurant I've visited in Atlanta. I hosted a business event and dinner here and everything went flawlessly. The presentation and service was that of Michelin Star worthiness. Delicious, decadent, and "May I have another" are a few of the words spoken from our party. They also had everything we requested by way of spirits and bottle service without even looking at the menu of option. Thank you to the chef staff, Lexi, and everyone who made this an incredible night.

1  Thank Here2Sea

Thank you so much for trusting us with your business dinner, and for taking the time to share about your evening! We are so happy you and your group enjoyed it. Lexi and the team will be thrilled to read about it. Happy New Year, and we look forward to seeing you in 2018!

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Very nice venue, serene but not dead. Our server, Heather, was super experienced, very pleasant and helpful and always knowing exactly when to appear and what you needed. She was exceptional. I had a cocktail which was excellent - they have a menu of creative cocktails. Two of our party have celiac disease and need gluten-free meals and they were easily accommodated and the gluten-free bread was excellent. They presented gougere in addition to other breads which I am particularly fond of. I had the fettuccine and caviar starter, pork three ways (awesome) and the St. Honore for dessert. All the food was superb. When we eat out like this on a weekend we like to make it our evening's event and take our time and the meal was perfectly paced, which we often find as the one flaw in other good restaurants. Really special artwork on the walls. We had two bottles of the Sea Smoke Ten pinot noir which is a favorite of ours and not always easy to find. The markup was appropriate. Although Atlas is expensive, it was not as expensive as a comparable meal would be in New York or Paris. We will definitely return here on our future visits. I didn't know about the outdoor seating until we left (it was bitterly cold and windy) but it would be inviting in other weather.

Geno D, General Manager at Atlas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

We count our many blessings that we have such great guests as yourself who really enjoy the whole Atlas experience. Thank you so much for sharing about your evening with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The food was very good, the sommelier was knowledgeable and very personable. He did a wonderful job. We asked about a tasting menu and would love to see one created but they did plate a few menu items to create a tasting with pairings. The only mark against was that we waited slightly longer then is easily forgivable to be acknowledged by the wait staff upon being seated. They did however, quickly make up for it with attentive service. The decor is attractive and comfortable.

Geno D, General Manager at Atlas, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

We so greatly appreciate you taking the time to share about your evening at Atlas. We certainly apologize for the delay at the start of your meal, but are very happy that the rest of the evening went so well. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

This was our third trip to Atlas at the St Regis Hotel. This, in my opinion, in THE place to have a special event in Atlanta. The food is superb, the service is over the top fabulous. The venue is just great with their outdoor terrace and bar. I have loved every moment I’ve spent at the St Regis Atlas.

Geno D, General Manager at Atlas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Phyllis, it is so great to read about your experiences with events at Atlas! We are fortunate to have a great team behind our events and private dining functions, so THANK YOU for helping to spread the word about event options at Atlas!