“Manager was really helpful” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #42 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Manager was really helpful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

At first we were not so happy not to have a King size bed, but customer service is great. The manager made us believe in the good quality of Hilton and thanks to him we'll go back to this hotel. The location is great and the breakfast is outstanding.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Dallas, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

We were recently in town for a cheer competition and we choose this hotel because of its proximity to the Georgia World Congress Center and because of the price. It was a wonderful stay. From the moment we pulled into the Valet parking to the time we left, the staff and service of this hotel was above my expectations. I have never been to a hotel that was so accommodating. The lobby was beautiful and the rooms were very clean, the beds comfortable (they are comfort adjustable.) The air conditioner was a bit noisy but nothing that kept us awake. The front desk staff was par excellent'. My only complaint is that the heated pool was not very heated. I, along with several other guests, went outside to use the hot tub (spa) even though it was cold outside. That was nice and warm. The breakfast here ($12.95) was also excellent. Made to order eggs, French toast, pancakes were fabulous. There was a nice selection of side items, fresh juice, Danish and make your own waffles. The wait staff were very friendly. I had a minor issue with our waiter on the second day (I felt like he was pushing us to finish) but other than that, everything was delicious. Try the potatoes...YUM!!! I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to my friends. Although this hotel was booked with hundreds of cheerleaders, the staff here welcomed everyone and treated us all with kindness, patience and respect. To all the staff I interacted with, and you know who you are, “Thank You” for everything.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ejturner525
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed here for a combination of business and leisure - location is wonderful and makes it very easy to walk to quite a few attractions. We could even see into the Aquarium's Tropical Fish exhibit from our room window! The rooms were nice, clean and the property is upscale. My kids loved having both an indoor and outdoor pool to use and we were all big fans of the cooked to order breakfast. However, the beds are AWFUL!! My past experiences with Hilton property beds have always been wonderful so I can't imagine why they switched to these "adjusting firmness" mattresses. At the softest/least firm setting, I felt like I was sleeping on my dining room table (I can't imagine what the "firm" setting must be like)! My only other complaint was that I could hear the TV from my next door neighbors fairly easily and I think that whoever stays in the penthouse takes flute lessons as I was awakened several times by energetic flute music coming through the heating/AC vent (we were on the 12th floor just below them), this was obviously less than stellar. Overall, it's a good property and a decent value.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hartsville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Great location (across the street from the aquarium) with very good customer service. "Typical" HGI benefits (frig in the room, free cooked-to-order bfast for gold HH members) were all done well and staff were very pleasant and attentive. The hotel has its own restaurant but is also connected to Legal Sea Food which is very convenient. I MUCH prefer this place over the Omni Center, although it is not inexpensive.

SouthGa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Finishing up a great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Atlanta, conveniently located close to the Georgia Aquarium, Centennial Olympic Park, Georgia Dome, World Congress Center... The hotel is very clean - like new - the rooms are comfortable and spacious - great city views from huge windows! I was greeted warmly and the front desk staff was helpful and accommodating. Also impressive was the hot breakfast buffet, complimentary with my stay (not sure it always is - maybe because I'm a Hilton Honors frequent traveler). Two pools - indoor and outdoor - good fitness center - just a great property. Self-parking fee of $20 was a little steep ($26 for valet), but this is Atlanta after all, and the Embassy Suites (a block away) charges $28 for valet parking, so it's comparable.

1 Thank SouthGaTravelGuy