See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2016

Nice place, convenient, hospitable innkeeper. However it is up for sale and I am not sure how long it will be open. If you sign up on line, you must call Lana and remind her that you are coming, especially a few days before. Lana is a really nice person, however she easily gets confused. I do recommend staying there, and would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2016

We booked our 10-day stay based on other very favourable reviews. It was a gamble, but well worth it. Lana made our stay almost magical especially during the Christmas and New Year's season. We had the most delightful time that we have ever spent on holiday. Lana is indeed the "Hostess with the Mostest."

How pleased were we? We returned for two nights more after a three-day sojourn to N.C. Will we return? God willing, in the spring. We love 929 Ponce and the effervescent Lana who made her home our home.

With love, John and Audrey

Room Tip: The three suites are ideal for couples. None will disappoint.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2016

We had a reservation for Christmas eve, scheduled online a couple of weeks before, confirmed by email, and confirmed again by phone a couple of days before. Yet, the morning we were to check in we received a voicemail message accusing us of no-showing the night before and telling us our room had been rented to someone else.

The owner had mixed up her days and thought we were supposed to check in the day before, even though just 2 days prior she gave us special check-in instructions because she planned to be at church on Christmas eve when we were to check in. She didn't try to call us the evening before to clarify, she waited till the next morning and then simply rented our room to someone else.

Though she realized her mistake when we called her to clarify, the owner neither apologized nor offered a way to make things right - no offer of a discounted stay, no offer to help us find a place to stay on Christmas eve, nothing.

To add insult to injury, she justified her actions with a guilt trip about how the woman she gave the room to would be there to adopt a baby, and "wasn't that Christmasy?". She never stopped to ask why we would need the room, which was that my mother was recovering from cancer treatments and couldn't host us in my childhood home. Nor did she stop to consider how it might feel to be guilted like that - given that my husband and I have been trying to adopt a baby for years. It was painful, disappointing, and left us homeless on Christmas eve.

I sincerely wish I could review the property itself, but I never had an opportunity to stay there, nor will I ever try again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Suzanna S
Reviewed 6 October 2015

My husband and I wanted to spend a long weekend in Atlanta, and we like to stay at Bed and Breakfasts. Most of the B&Bs in the area were booked, but I saw the Cottage Suite at the Ponce de Leon, and after reading other reviews felt like it would be a good place. It definitely was! The room was just lovely, our Innkeeper Lana was so accommodating and nice, and I was even able to have the Inn kitty in my room a few mornings! We got breakfast when we asked, and the room was comfortable and fun. The bathroom was great - plenty big enough for two - the shower had good pressure and heat, and there were lots of little amenities that were so nice - like the magnifying mirror for putting on makeup. I also appreciated the boxes of Kleenex in every room, and the nice quality of linens and tissue/toilet paper. I really felt like Lana was there to meet any needs we might have - oh, and we also really liked having the eating area, the little fridge and microwave and all the extras we enjoyed! And it was a great deal for the price we paid.

Room Tip: The Cottage Suite was a wonderful getaway for couples - but be warned that if someone is in the room above, it can get a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2015

My husband and I stayed in the Blue bedroom (left, off the front porch). The room was lovely and comfortable. We met two other couples there (family) and had a wonderful time. We sat on the back porches and talked in comfort and privacy. We walked around the Virginia Highlands neighborhood and found many places to eat and lots of architecture to admire. We enjoyed spending time with Lana, the innkeeper, as well. This was an excellent weekend location as a destination for a family "get together."

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family