“early Valentine's dinner: fantastic choice!”
Review of Ray's on the River

Ray's on the River
Reserve with OpenTable
Ray's on the River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #176 of 4,310 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Good for: View, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-285 and Powers Ferry Rd
Description: As an Atlanta Tradition since 1984 and situated along the Chattahoochee River, Ray's on the River offers serene views while enjoying a menu filled with fresh seafood flown in daily, prime cut steaks, regionally grown vegetables, and a Wine Spectator award-winning Wine List.
Reviewed 13 February 2018

fried lobster tail...yummie! Ceasar salad was very good. The salmon was delicious. The river trio was fantastic (small filet which was done to perfection), blackened shrimp and of course a small crab cake which i rank among the very best i've ever had!
we didn't have any desert as we were very full even though we didn't eat everything.
Our waiter Dominique was very attentive and pleasant.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Peter_en_Karen

Reviewed 4 February 2018

My wife selected this restaurant for my birthday dinner, because I wanted something different from my tradition Pappadeaux Seafood. She invited my brother-in-law and sister-in-law to join us and we had a great evening. Our server name Jonathan aka Jay, was excellent and as well as the food, drinks and desserts...

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Quentin H
Reviewed 30 January 2018

When you live in Atlanta and you can't stand being around family, you take the wife out for a weekend away, work a motorcycle event at the Galleria and enjoy a good meal.
Ray's was the perfect spot. We had reservations but decided to dine at the bar. The drinks were good, the food was great and the people around us fun to talk with. I would bet that every item on the menu is good, so experiment!

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 22 January 2018

My husband selected this restaurant for my birthday because I love, love, love a good champagne brunch. Ray's did not disappoint.....There was a carving station for ham, roast beef, and salmon which were cooked to perfection. My favorite was the raw bar which had crab claws, oysters, and shrimp. A plethora of sides, breads, and desserts along with an option for unlimited mimosas. The food choices are plentiful whether you enjoy meat, seafood or both. We enjoyed excellent service and the price point was well worth it based on the amount of food offered and the quality of preparation.

We are going back again the Sunday leading up to Valentine's Day....I'm going to treat my Valentine.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Deborah T
Reviewed 22 January 2018

The setting is beautiful along the banks of the Chattahochee river; although it was dark the way the outside was lighted you could still see the waters. We were seated by the window and the garden was stunning. Inside was decorated for Christmas. I loved the fact that my date had to remove his hat before we entered the dining area. Our server was very attentive and the food was excellent.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank fran7162016

Been to Ray's on the River? Share your experiences!