“Great food, Great service.”

Fontaine's Oyster House
Ranked #259 of 4,113 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Virginia Highland
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We had lunch here on a Monday. Table service was beyond idea. Adam was stellar. The food was excellent, as usual. We had a Muffalatta, shrimp jambalaya, fried okra, red beans and rice after starting with a delicious place of Oysters Rockefeller. Would highly recommend. Hopefully, Adam will be there to welcome you & show you what a great server he is.

1  Thank James S

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

The atmosphere was laid back. The food was delicious. Our server Franco was awesome and very knowledgeable of the menu.

1  Thank Chanel0928
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Came here as friends I stayed with said had to go to try the oysters. The food is probably some of the best seafood I've had. The shrimp was fantastic. The staff are mega friendly and great fun. As a tourist from the UK they were wonderful with me.. talked me through some of the traditional local foods and made me feel incredibly welcome. Proper southern hospitality.

2  Thank Vericlair
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

The food is really good. Check out the shrimp Tacos. $12 crabs on Wednesdays. I haven't had a bad meal yet!

2  Thank Erika D
Reviewed 31 August 2016

Sometimes I get a hankering for oysters. Fresh, plump raw oysters. Fontaine's is now my go to.

This is a no frills place to eat, perfect with friends or on a Friday or Saturday night. We were seated on the extended balcony, which use to be part of the old Noche. At first, our server (I do believe his name was Brian) seemed a little low energy, but I realized quickly that he was just a low key, cool guy. We loved Brian. He gave us the low down on what was what.

I had a whole dozen of fresh oysters (DELIGHTFUL!) and a beer. This should tell you, a bit about my love for oysters. They were fresh, just a tad sweet, and oh so good. A little mignonette and hot sauce and they hit the spot.

Almost forgot the best part. When asked, Brian was humble, but honest about the oyster bisque, so I gave it a shot. It was amazing. Light, but rich and buttery with LOTS of oyster in it. You must try it!

The meal was memorable (as I write this review almost 5 weeks later). Oyster lovers, this is your place.

2  Thank DLovely G

Been to Fontaine's Oyster House? Share your experiences!