“Best bone-in ribeye”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: I 285
Transit: MARTA – Perimeter Mall
Description: One of the original great Steakhouses of North America.
Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

Outstanding overall experience. Oysters Rockefeller, bone-in ribeye, Mac & cheese, snickers' cheesecake. Superb wine selection. Very impressed with service as well. Must go if you are in Atlanta.

Thank Jose A. T

Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

My hotel suggested that I head over here during restaurant week. It was a little hard to find behind Alon's. It was crowded but I got a comfortable spot at the bar. Bartenders claimed that they did not know about restaurant week and reluctantly came by with the menu that I showed them on my phone. Why participate if you don't want staff to promote? Maybe it was a communication issue, but the entire night I felt the service was not up to par because I had 'the special'...that said, the meal was FABULOUS!! Soup was tasty, Fillet was perfect, cheesecake was special with coconut topping. Excellent wine menu. Would come back when in town again or with a group. Tables seemed close together, just an observation!

Reviewed 2 August 2015 via mobile

What a great place to celebrate a birthday with friends. We had a party of 10 and they placed us in our own private room. The service was excellent, my bone in filet was sensational. My wife had the sea bass steak and it was exceptional. All of our friends were so happy with the total experience. This is a must go to restaurant if you live near Atlanta.

Reviewed 18 July 2015

I had a business lunch at McKendrick's and it was all our first time there. We expected greatness and I think it's why we were a tad disappointed. I had the Grilled shrimp over Mashed Potatoes with Asparagus. This one of my favorite combos so I was excited. The shrimp were a bit overcooked and the tails, which I like to eat were burnt black and tasted that way. The Mashed were overly salted and that says a lot because I always put extra salt on my food. The asparagus were not cut high enough and the lower stems were impossible to eat so I had to keep spitting them out in my napkin....at a business lunch. The Warmed Bread was good and the Coconut cream pie for dessert was the best I have ever had. One of us had the chicjen BLT salad which she said was great and the other a chicken piccata, but again with the salty mashed potatoes. The ladies room was not air conditioned and in Georgia the middle of July is a requirement. When I reported this to the front desk they said they were aware of it as an ongoing problem, but gave no indication why the delay in getting it fixed. our server was great in that he served us and did it well, but he had ZERO personality. He was a military man as we could tell be the pin on his jacket, but waiting/serving is not a military job. You have to have personality, even if you are just faking it for 8 hours a day. I would give it another try in an effort to find that greatness I wanted, but Bone's is still the best Steakhouse in or around Atlanta in my book.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

Loved this restaurant! Ate at the bar and had such great service and great food!
Try the truffle fries and the roasted shrimp.

Been to McKendrick's Steak House? Share your experiences!