“Great Fried Lobster Tail”
Review of Chops Lobster Bar

Chops Lobster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chops Lobster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 4,304 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$21 - US$200
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: An Atlanta icon known for its exceptional food and service, Chops consistently ranks as one of the top ten steakhouses in the country. Exquisite seafood flown in fresh daily and the very best USDA prime aged beef are served with style in the warm ambiance of the dark wood dining room. Whether you’re dining for business or pleasure, a meal at Chops is sure to make a lasting impression.
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I have not had a great fried lobster tail since Paul's closed at the end of December. I finally found one that is just as good with drawn butter and honey mustard sauce. My son's filet had a great crust on it as well. It was a perfect meal with some mashed potatoes & broccoli. Very Comfortable chairs and excellent service. Beware of being seated close to the area where you can smell cigar smoke! Will be back again for the lobster tail. The crab cocktail is great too.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Chops continues to be a standard bearer for first class service in a city full of exceptional, first class restaurants. My wife and I enjoyed very attentive service from start to finish. The lobster bisque and lobster appetizer were an amazing start to a great meal. We shared the porterhouse and several sides including the whipped potatoes and creamed spinach. Delicious. Even for an Atlanta resident, you can't go wrong taking a trip to Chops. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

My last review was very critical of the noise level where we were seated. This time our seating was near perfect and the service was a 10. My wife and I had the Ahi Tuna and had differing opinions about how well we liked it. I thought mine was excellent and would recommend it to anyone. On the other hand my wife thought the tuna itself was fine, but the sauce was missing something. I really don't know what the sauce was, but it looked like seedless raspberry jam but didn't taste anything like it. I would really have difficulty describing the flavor because the sesame encrusted tuna was the remarkable flavor I came away with. Our companions had the deep fried Lobster and the Black Grouper. They were both complimentary and the husband couldn't eat all of his Lobster. It was a very nice evening for the four of us and I would recommend you try to be seated in the upper main level and try to avoid being placed in the slightly lower level branch off the main level because that lower level is very narrow and noise tends to bounce of the walls if there are any loud groups.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Ever time I come here I get the best steak and great service! Also the seafood is great and the entire place has great energy!

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

My mother and I went here. Try and make a reservation because it is always busy. We ate at the bar because of last minute plans. The service was very good, and the bartenders were attentive. The oysters were delicious and fresh! My mother got a salad (possibly wedge) and the soft shell crab. She enjoyed hers a lot. Highly recommend!

Been to Chops Lobster Bar? Share your experiences!