“An Atlanta legend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bone's Restaurant

Bone's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bone's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 3,838 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$50 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Buckhead
Cross street: Peachtree Street
Atlanta, Georgia
“An Atlanta legend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Bone's is the standard in Atlanta dining. When you walk in the door of this Atlanta institution, you instantly know you are somewhere special. With unparalled service, an old-world steakhouse atomsphere, and food that is simply beyond compare, Bone's is in a class by iteslf.

Tip: While pricy for Atlanta, you definitely get what you pay for. Sides are served family style....don't leave without trying the grit fritters.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank GoodGrayvee

• Turkish first
Statesville, nc
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

The best steak I have ever had. I do not usually write reviews and have dined at many upscale steakhouses across the US. I would put Bones steak up against any I have had, along with the dessert and service. Can not wait to return. Worth the little extra over the chain steakhouse, ie palm, capital grill etc. I was concerned when we were seated in a corner next to the kitchen but the food and service made up for it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Travis B
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Best steak in Atlanta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

While very expensive, as the high end steak places in Atlanta go, this is probably the best. They also have the best Cosmopolitan that I have had any where.

1 Thank Lori K
Lawrenceville
“Food and service are what I Pay for in a restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Celebrating an anniversary can be stressful. Not in the "how will I ever get through this" sort of way but stressful none the less. You want to enjoy a celebration of your married union and express to your spouse just how much you cherish them and the love they give to your marriage. Kids, work, daily grind stuff should all be put on the rear burner for a night. Bone's is the place for us.

Bone's service from the moment we entered the parking lot was exemplary. Valets ready for both doors to the car. Host involved with customers both entering and leaving the restaurant . The host asked and remembered our names, the Hostess asked if we were celebrating an occasion. "Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Burns" from every server who we spoke to.
Attentive and yet never overbearing. The Ipad wine list was fun, informative and led to a choice that no frilly calligraphy filled leather bound tome would have suggested.

Every item we ordered was top notch. From the Bone's Salad, Lamb Chops, Fillet, Truffle Butter Mashed and the Chef's choice vegetable side to the Mile High Pie dessert everything were served was first rate. For those who complain about portion size of the sides, good grief. We split 2 HALF orders of sides and were unable to finish them.

Both our servers , Brian and John deserve particular praise. I expect top notch service. I expect everything to go as planned. Real service happens when a server reacts to something they did not plan or has to address a concern. A missed drink order resulted in a very polite apology that was honest and not the average "cover for a mistake" variety. A less than clean dessert spoon was replaced and again the response was a clear acceptance of the situation and honest remorse for the minor transgression.

It had been almost 15 years since I had been to Bone's before last night. It will NOT be that long before we return.

1 Thank WolfsongAudio
Columbia, Maryland
“Has gone downhill from the last time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

This restaurant used to be my favorite in Atlanta, that was until we went there Master's week. My collegues made a reservation over a month in advance and yet we were shuffled off to the downstairs section which I guess is reserved for vistors from out of town. After asking to be re-seated once ... away from the dishwashers, the experience just went downhill. My drink order was sub-par as the glass of high-end Bourbon I ordered was delivered to the table with food still encrusted on the outside. It took forever for the replacement drink to arrive and my friends had already finished their first round. The waiter then proceeded to slosh an expensive cabernet onto the tablecloth numerous times.

The steak was high quality and the highlight of the meal. The sides were drab and not of the same quality as the last time we were here. Overall the experience had declined since last year. I am afraid we will be seeking another steak house next year. It is a shame.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Chip G

Been to Bone's Restaurant? Share your experiences!