“FRENCH TOAST HEAVEN”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Old Fourth Ward
Reviewed 4 February 2016

My family and I went there for breakfast (hotel recommendation) while visiting Atlanta GA and after 10 min wait, (small waiting area, just head outside and wait) we sat down.
I got the spinach, shrimp, scrambled eggs with a side of FRENCH TOAST....
OMG!!!! It was so GOOD. Their French Toast was a slice, whip cream, and THICK.
OHHH so GOOD (getting hungry) ...
They only accept cash, so be prepared, but worth the wait!...
PARKING IS A MESS ON THE WEEKEND

Reviewed 20 January 2016

I stopped in Thumbs Up on my way to the Martin Luther King center. I was hungry and saw Thumbs Up. I sat at the counter and I ordered the fish sandwich after I heard 2 recommendations. While I was waiting for my food to arrive, I had great conversations with some of the other people at the counter. The atmosphere was very friendly. I think this was the best fish sandwich I ever had in my life. It was perfectly cooked. It was light and delicious. I wanted to order the fries but chose the spinach since I was trying to stay on my diet. The spinach was delicious. I highly recommend this local establishment.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

There was 9 of us for breakfast. The service was prompt and friendly. The food items came out in great fashion. No one had anything bad to say about their food. Nice friendly restaurant.

Reviewed 6 January 2016 via mobile

Real Long wait which was not worth it. Nice people serving up some good banana nut pancakes. Would not call this one of the best breakfast in town. No need to return, did it, done it!

Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

We came here before the Falcons game and it was ok. You have to have valet which is a little confusing in that it is a very small parking lot for a small diner. The valet is free, but they work for tips. When we arrived, the diner was pretty busy and the hostess was very personable and was very kind! It took a little bit longer than expected for our server to come to us and ask for our drinks or anything. I could tell that she was a bit busy. I ordered the shrimp and grits, which was ok. Not the best that I've ever had. My husband ordered the fish and grits. He enjoyed his meal. The food was a little more expensive than your typical "breakfast food", and it is cash only. So we had to use the ATM inside. Will we return? Likely not. I will likely venture out to other Atlanta breakfast spots.

Been to Thumbs Up Diner? Share your experiences!