“A Perfect Place For Sojourners!”
Review of Sojourner’s Cafe

Sojourner’s Cafe
Ranked #1,427 of 4,302 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 September 2018

With six hours to kill at the Atlanta airport waiting on an overseas flight, I was able to try a couple of places to drink a few glasses of wine getting ready for the long flight ahead. I ventured into this place to do just that. I was pleased to see they offered Kendall Jackson Chardonnay as this is one of my favorites. After a couple of glasses, it was time to board the flight. A very nice and relaxing place to pass the time away.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

15 min to get a coffee to go.

12$ for 2 coffees and a milk (because they would not add milk only cream).

1 Cup that leaks.

Manager peering at customers from door. Refusing to help.

Cashier taking multiple to go orders then just looking at people as they asked for their drinks or food.

Waitress picking fingernails and hiding behind door.

Bartender picking up pen from floor, giving to customer then making a drink w fruit. No hand washing at all.

Even w a concession for being an airport vendor, With no exception, this was worst coffee and worst service I have ever received.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Was close to our gate and had close to an hr so thought we could get something quick. Small place and they stuff tables in these places, small 8-10 seat bar. Wasn't too loud, I grabbed some bar napkins and server/bartender said she'd be right over. She was did proper wipe down. We had decided to share nachos and drinks. She suggested anything besides nachos, saying the chips were too salty. My wife is salt attic so we tried anyway. I asked for a Chard, she said all they had was KJ which was fine. We got the wine and beer right away, but she forgot ice water I had asked for. Was quite a wait for the nacho's that she actually prepared herself. Time got a little tight but server was nice, nachos were surprisingly very good. Lot of topping even good amount of fresh cut green onions on top. Yes chips salty as advertised. Got the bill quickly so really had no issue. It's what I expect overall for small place at airport. Honestly I'd rate good not very good but TA doesn't give that choice and the food was better then avg, drinks were cold, and server pleasant.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Wow the worst customer service I have ever experienced at a restaurant. My flight was taking off from a nearby gate. No employee was checking in customers so I walked in and sat down. No employee engaged me or showed any acknowledgment of me. I sat there for at least 10 minutes. An Asian female employee was staring at a terminal and then walked past me and gave menus to customers who came in over 10 minutes after me. I never was given a menu. So I got up and left the restaurant and went to eat at the food court. I am really surprised to experience that kind of customer service because you can easily be accused of discrimination.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

I had a two hour layover at Atlanta Hartsfield airport and wandered through the E terminal looking for food. The central food court had all the regular chains, but I had a taste for some different. Luckily, Sojourners Cafe was right next to my gate (E10).

My server, Alexandra, was attentive and helped me choose the Philly Cheesesteak and onion rings. Normally, I wouldn't write a review of an airport meal, but this was excellent.

The Philly was just the right size for me ... not to much ... but a healthy portion. The bread was soft-grilled with a light crunch and the steak, cheese, and onions were perfectly cooked to my liking. The beer-battered onion rings were also delicious.

The only negative was that it took about 15-20 minutes to get my food, but it was well worth the short wait for fresh cooked comfort food! Just be aware that this may not be your best choice for a quick bite. But then again, I sat down to eat for full service and my glass of chardonnay hit the spot.

They do have a carryout line, so that may be your best choice if you're in a hurry. I'm sure if you tell them ... they'll make it fast. I will definitely be back!!!

Been to Sojourner’s Cafe? Share your experiences!