“Guajillo chicken nachos are scrumptious ”

Dantanna's Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Dantanna's Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #293 of 4,147 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

My friend and I dined at Dantanna's prior to a concert at Philips Arena. We were surprised it wasn't more crowded, but it was a Tuesday night. Our waitress was friendly, just not especially attentive. The guajillo chicken nachos are out of this world. Loved the rich cheese sauce, jalapeño slaw, black beans, chicken and crema on a bed of crispy nacho chips. The tavern burger was also flavorful and perfectly cooked alongside sweet potato fries. I look forward to the nachos again in the future and exploring other menu options for my entree.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Came in about 5:45 or so and initially thought they were closed....no one there to greet at the door and maybe 5 or 6 folks at the bar. Stopped in for a few beers and something to eat with a client. Beers were cold and moderately priced ($5 each) and the Cajun Grouper sandwich was delicious. When our server described one of the special appetizers, we should have asked "how much?". We were gently persuaded to order the Blackened Crab Fingers. What we received were spiced up, crab flavored crumblings. No meat to it, just very, VERY small portions of crumbs flavored in blackened spices. Didn't worry too much about it (again, our sandwiches and beer were excellent) and then the bill came.....$19 for the appetizer!!! Are you kidding me?? That was my first visit to Dantannas and it may be my last. I will probably give them one more opportunity at my food dollars but will certainly do a little more homework on any appetizers they try to sell me.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Seemed like an obvious choice due its location to the arena but if you are going to charge me NYC prices or even Phillips Arena prices, I would rather drink in the stadium.
Had the classic burger which was very good but the wait staff really didn't care that service was necessary. Place wasn't busy to justify the waiting time.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I stopped in after an event at the gwcc across the street. Never had the opportunity to stop until now. Angela was my server and she was awesome! Fireball shots are $3 on the weekends! :) I ordered the spinach salad and I'm so glad that I did. The blend is outstanding. The salad is one reason to visit. The Krispy Kreme bread pudding is the 2nd reason. I had no idea such a thing existed. Wow is all I can say. Kudos Dantanna's!!! #ashsaidit

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We had a great meal with a bad server - so what do you do with rating them? The ribeye was good... the salad was good... but man i just cant get over the fact we had a server more interested in whatever than us. We saw him to order, then he disappeared for a good 6 minutes to find out what beers they had... then we saw him when the food came and then when we were clearly done our meal. He brought the check.. apparently he had somewhere to go, so we didnt get dessert. I can speak of how good the meal was and how bad the service is... so be warned... you will eat well, but be frustrated in the process!