“Cozy Italian Spot”
Review of Cibo E Beve

Cibo E Beve
Reserve with OpenTable
Cibo E Beve is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #553 of 4,304 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: E Belle Isle Rd
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Tried it for the first time, we really enjoyed it. Decent parking. Good Italian food for the price. Very friendly service. An A + for dim lighting :) Good for a causal night out in Sandy Springs.

Claire P, Public Relations Manager at Cibo E Beve, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Thanks so much for reviewing your recent visit to Cibo! We appreciate your kind comments and love to hear you had a wonderful time. Come back again to see us soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We were here with longtime friends on Friday night and we were underwhelmed. From having to remind our waiter several times about drink orders that seemed to be forgotten, to pizza that was lackluster and under temperature, the overall feeling was that our waiter just didn't care. He never inquired about our food once it was served, nor did he seem to care that my pizza went mainly untouched. I had ordered the prosciutto and arugula pizza and when the arugula stays fully crisp you can tell that the pizza was not hot. Those in our group who ordered the salmon and halibut were at least served hot dishes, and they said the food was ok. When there are a number of restaurants to choose from in our area, I would not return to a place where there seems to be no concern with the quality of what is being served to the patrons, and a wait staff that seems to not care, either.

1  Thank Micheled7

Thanks so much for leaving a review of your recent visit to our restaurant. We sincerely apologize that your experience was less than stellar. We've shared this review with management so they can discuss with both the kitchen and waitstaff so we ensue this experience is not repeated. Again, we are very sorry this was your experience and appreciate your honesty.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Ambience is very homey and warm. Food is consistently good and the veg is highly regarded as one of the best in Atlanta. Wait staff is also very well trained.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Four of us ate here on Dec. 28, 2017.

It is a small restaurant with very tight space - this was not an issue since it was not very busy on this evening, but on a crowded night it would be uncomfortable.

One major complaint is that they did not have some of the items on the menu.

For example, my wife ordered the crab risotto as an entree. This was a special for that evening - not on the regular menu.

The waiter came back almost 15 minutes later to explain that they did not have crab or risotto and instead he would bring her fruitte de mare. That was not something she wanted so we had to start from the beginning and order again.

This was an early dinner - arrived a bit before 6. Menu stated in large type that the restaurant offers special $20 bottles of wine if ordered before 6.

We asked what kind of wine this included and were informed that the restaurant hasn’t honored this wine special in more than a year (so take it off the menu we suggested - and not falsely advertise).

Food was good, but in at least one case a very small serving. One friend ordered Scampi Classico and she only got 4 small shrimp.

My Veal Involtini was very good as was the warm red-cabbage salad and I recommend both.

Based on our overall experience this place is a bit over-rated. Although most of the food was nicely prepared.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

I am a big fan of Food 101 and I went there with my husband on a Wednesday evening, but could not eat there since they were having a private party. So, they suggested CIbo E Beve, which is owned by the same group. We came in and, luckily, we were immediately seated. The restaurant was very busy and very loud, almost to the point where you could barely hear each other. We were seated about 10 minutes before the server came to take our drink order, which typically sets a bad tone with me. We ordered our drinks, which consisted of 2 glasses of wine, and still took about 10 minutes. Then, when he finally brought the wine, we ordered and he said he was going to bring us some bread to snack on. He came back and forth several times over the course of about 15 minutes, still no bread. Finally, we had to stop him and ask for the bread, again, even though we had seen him bring two bread plates to tables around us. Also, the wine we ordered, Cantina Di Caldaro (pino noir), was not good. Finally, we received our food and the food was excellent. I had the veal involtini, which was so good. I am a veal fan and this one does not disappoint. My husband had the gnocchi, which excellent. The portions were a good size and my husband could not even finish his meal. The food was excellent, but the service was really bad and our wine selection was not good. I would be willing to give this place another chance, based solely on the food. However, if the service is not good, again, I would not recommend this to anyone.