“Good consistent food”
Review of Cibo E Beve

Cibo E Beve
Reserve with OpenTable
Cibo E Beve is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #553 of 4,302 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: E Belle Isle Rd
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Ambience is very homey and warm. Food is consistently good and the veg is highly regarded as one of the best in Atlanta. Wait staff is also very well trained.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Four of us ate here on Dec. 28, 2017.

It is a small restaurant with very tight space - this was not an issue since it was not very busy on this evening, but on a crowded night it would be uncomfortable.

One major complaint is that they did not have some of the items on the menu.

For example, my wife ordered the crab risotto as an entree. This was a special for that evening - not on the regular menu.

The waiter came back almost 15 minutes later to explain that they did not have crab or risotto and instead he would bring her fruitte de mare. That was not something she wanted so we had to start from the beginning and order again.

This was an early dinner - arrived a bit before 6. Menu stated in large type that the restaurant offers special $20 bottles of wine if ordered before 6.

We asked what kind of wine this included and were informed that the restaurant hasn’t honored this wine special in more than a year (so take it off the menu we suggested - and not falsely advertise).

Food was good, but in at least one case a very small serving. One friend ordered Scampi Classico and she only got 4 small shrimp.

My Veal Involtini was very good as was the warm red-cabbage salad and I recommend both.

Based on our overall experience this place is a bit over-rated. Although most of the food was nicely prepared.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

I am a big fan of Food 101 and I went there with my husband on a Wednesday evening, but could not eat there since they were having a private party. So, they suggested CIbo E Beve, which is owned by the same group. We came in and, luckily, we were immediately seated. The restaurant was very busy and very loud, almost to the point where you could barely hear each other. We were seated about 10 minutes before the server came to take our drink order, which typically sets a bad tone with me. We ordered our drinks, which consisted of 2 glasses of wine, and still took about 10 minutes. Then, when he finally brought the wine, we ordered and he said he was going to bring us some bread to snack on. He came back and forth several times over the course of about 15 minutes, still no bread. Finally, we had to stop him and ask for the bread, again, even though we had seen him bring two bread plates to tables around us. Also, the wine we ordered, Cantina Di Caldaro (pino noir), was not good. Finally, we received our food and the food was excellent. I had the veal involtini, which was so good. I am a veal fan and this one does not disappoint. My husband had the gnocchi, which excellent. The portions were a good size and my husband could not even finish his meal. The food was excellent, but the service was really bad and our wine selection was not good. I would be willing to give this place another chance, based solely on the food. However, if the service is not good, again, I would not recommend this to anyone.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Atmosphere is good. Service is excellent. Food was very good- great variety. When the waitress brought our check and learned our family was celebrating my husband and my anniversary of meeting, she insisted we have a complimentary dessert which was EXCELLENT! Wine was good.
Booth's awkward to get into, but comfortable once you're in :-)

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We have not been in a couple of years and was disappointed at how the menu has not changed. With so many excellent Italian restaurants to choose from, Cibo E Beve has become boring and unimaginative. My husband and I agreed to that both our pasta dishes were just okay. Our spinach salad was bathing in dressing and had 2 sliced strawberries on top. It's a shame because decor is very welcoming and the service was very good and attentive.