“Wish I could give it 10 Stars - Stay here you won't regret it!”

Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Ranked #13 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 January 2018

This was our second stay at the Atlanta Marriott Gateway. What a superb hotel. Every member of staff that we came into contact with was polite helpful friendly and courteous.
Everyone genuinely was friendly and willing to chat and assist with any issue.. however small.. or large.
The rooms in the hotel are a good size, well furnished, clean and everything necessary provided.
The rooms are noise proofed from the aircraft noise.
The executive lounge is an excellent size, providing hot food at the relevant times and the staff in the lounge were so pleasant.
The hotel is conveniently situated next to the SkyTrain which goes in one direction to the rental car building and in the other direction to the domestic terminal.
The MARTA can be taken from the domestic terminal very easily.
I would stay at this hotel again and can only highly recommend. It has a large car park, and if staying in town is not essential but transport links are... stay at this hotel.
Special thanks to Kevin Pagnotto for all his help. Kevin you are amazing!
JD for being so great to chat to and helpful..
Millie in the lounge...
Joshua and Amanda on the Front Desk
and the bell boys whose names I don't remember but were great... in freezing weather and rain... helping us with our luggage.

Room Tip: Views of runways and aircraft probably from all rooms
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,238)

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights. Close to airport with short drive to downtown Atlanta. Rooms are clean. Staff are friendly and very courteous.

Room service can also do the food for takeout. The food is high quality, packaged well in tight containers and delivered exactly at the time you choose. Very important for us as one day we had to be on the road early. We were able to bring the food in the car to eat along the way. Marriott club members can access the lounge at all times for drinks and complimentary breakfast before 9:00am. There is a bar in the lobby which serves the same food as the takeout /room service menu and the inhouse restaurant is Champions which serves good food but service was very slow.

We did not use the pool or gym so cannot comment on those.

Down side is that it is not within walking distance of stores or restaurants but most airport hotels are the same.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

After a 5-hr delay and missing my connection, I crashed at the Marriott Gateway. Loved:
- front desk gave me toothbrush & toothpaste as airline held my bags until my next day connection
- although 1-train stop from terminal, it was very quiet. No airport noise.
- great pillows, mattress and linens

Things I was bummed about:
- Champions bar/grill stops serving food at 12m. You can drink til 2 - but no food. If you were delayed til 12 like I was, they suggest Uber Eats.
- you have to have a breakfast order on the door by 12. I drank a glass of wine and got upstairs at 1245a. Yep, breakfast at the airport.
- make sure you put your dnd on the door because housekeeping gets cranking early. Not really their fault...and housekeeper was very, very sweet.

I would stay here again for sure.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 1 night prior to flying out for our annual Family Vacation. We took advantage of the week long parking package. The room was nice people were very nice..and the hotel is connected to the skytrain which is very convenient.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2017

I stayed at this hotel on a recent overnight layover in Atlanta. I normally stay at a hotel away from the airport but after 12 hours in the air on my trip from Europe I decided to stay at the airport. The hotel has nice rooms and a friendly staff and all in all a good stay. The only downside is that since you are at the airport they have a captive audience so stuff you take for granted like free wifi and breakfast is not offered. I was not a fan of the restaurant we had dinner there and for nachos and some chicken fingers the bill was over $35 not including the tip. The breakfast the next morning was $20 a head for the buffet. I opted not to use the for a fee wifi and just used my cell phone for internet. For the one night I was there it was OK but if you plan on staying there more than for a layover I hope that you have an expense account to pay for all the extras.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple