1,332 results
All reviews atlanta airport champions restaurant baggage claim domestic terminal rental car the concierge lounge sky tram an overnight layover convention center an early morning flight lobby bar next morning room service business meeting stayed here for one night front desk staff skytrain
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Check in was Ok.

Hotel furniture and design are old. Very noisy room next to the concierge door. Lots of in and out, loud talking and Cart moving.

The food is disgusting. I have ordered Salmon for dinner and it was spoiled and cooked on a dirty grill. At breakfast fruits have hair sticking.

I don't recommend it for any body. Will not come back.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ridha S
Kevin P, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor in regards to your recent stay with us here at the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for not providing you with a better experience. Although our hotel will be under a full renovation next year and some of your feedback regarding the furniture and design of the guest room is accurate, your other comments are uncharacteristic of our hotel and not what we typically hear from our guests. I am very sorry that this was your impression of us. Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Atlanta.

Sincerest Regards,

KEVIN PAGNOTTO
Director of Hotel Operations
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
kevinr.pagnotto@marriott.com
404-443-8633

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Since I had a 6 am flight out of Atlanta, I chose to spend my last night at an airport hotel. The Atlanta Airport Marriott GATEWAY is one of 3 hotels directly linked to the airport via the SkyTrain, which also goes to the Georgia International Convention Center and Rental Car Center. The other 2 hotels, also part of the Marriott conglomerate, are SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport GATEWAY and the new (opened in 5/17) Renaissance Atlanta Airport GATEWAY. It seems the word GATEWAY implies the hotel is on the SkyTrain route. There are other hotels near the airport, including another Marriott and another Renaissance, that are NOT on the SkyTrain route; some of these hotels have shuttle buses to and from the airport. In my opinion, the free SkyTrain is the easiest, fastest and closest connection to the airport.

Note that exiting the airport, there is no clear signage for the SkyTrain. Look for the signs and arrows for the Gateway Center Hotels, Rental Car Center and Georgia International Convention Center. Once outside the main terminal, there is more clear signage for the SkyTrain; it's part of the parking structure directly across the road, and has 2 entrances from the North and South Terminals.

The Marriott is a traditional full-service hotel with a restaurant, lounge, partial room service, a pool, Club Lounge, fitness centre and business centre. The Renaissance is also full service, but does not have a pool. SpringHill Suites has no restaurant but does offer free breakfast, has a pool, and the rooms have a separate sitting area with sofa bed, microwave and fridge. I booked the Marriott prior to the Renaissance's opening. Frankly I liked the Renaissance's more airy, bright and contemporary public rooms (as well as its Southern restaurant), but online its guestrooms look smaller than the Marriott's.

The Marriott's service was quite good and friendly. I checked in via their app early in the morning; by 9 am, I got a text saying my room was ready! Because it was raining, I ended up canceling sightseeing plans and headed to the airport early via MARTA. It was then a quick transfer to the SkyTrain and the Marriott, where at around 11 am I was told "we've been expecting you" and also recognized as a Marriott Rewards Gold member. My keycard said "Elite Member". The lobby was pleasant enough, with plenty of seating and a lounge area where drinks are served at certain times. The restaurant, a kind of sports bar, is called Champions. The menu looked good, but I ultimately had dinner at the Renaissance's Hickory and Hazel Southern Table and Bar, because I have a fondness for Southern food. I had to leave too early to try breakfast at Champions.

My room had everything I expected. The bathroom was on the small side, with a shower/tub combo. I do like a bar of soap for the shower, not just bath gel, which is all that was provided. There was a robe, but no slippers. There was a coffee maker and fridge. A small water was free, a larger bottle (different brand) was $6. The TV had access to streaming services like Hulu and Netflix IF you have an account with those services. I liked how the desk was partially movable. Room service had a limited menu, and you have the option of picking up your order at the lobby bar or having it delivered to your room. I think it's more like takeout delivery, not full service room service. There were sufficient electrical outlets by the desk, but no USP ports. The room was exceptionally quiet given its double-paned well-sealed windows--I only heard slight rumblings of airplane take-offs when the A/C fan was off. A possible niggle: there is a charge for WiFi, unless you are a Marriott Rewards member.

I saw but did not use the fitness centre or indoor pool. Both looked quite pleasant. There is a Concierge Lounge on the top (7th) floor, but it's closed on weekends.

A quite pleasant and convenient short stay. A nice improvement over my downtown Atlanta stay at the meh Aloft.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank pillowsofwanderlust
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night to catch a plane home the next morning. Nice hotel, excellent gym and pool facilities. Lounge for elite members was closed due to the weekend however I was given a breakfast voucher for their breakfast buffet. Buffet was very good and had lots of variety. The train takes you right into the domestic terminal. From there, you can take a shuttle to the international terminal.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

So so so so bad. Walls are paper thin. I can literally hear the person next to me entire conversation. They aren’t even talking loud. I asked to move room and they said they had zero to move to. I actually had to have them send security to a room I knew in 99% of other hotels I wouldn’t have heard a peep. Doesn’t matter how good you are in other areas of the hotel, if customers can’t get a good night sleep or privacy then you are a place I will never stay again.

Stayed: October 2017
2  Thank KyleJ592
Kevin P, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this issue on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We will share your message appropriately within the organization. Thank you again for your feedback.

Sincerest Regards,

Kevin Pagnotto
Director of Operations

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at this hotel in the past 2 years. I brag about this Marriott. I recommend it to family and friends, especially those seeking to avoid car rentals when they fly in. Each previous visit was outstanding. This trip was pretty good too, until today.

If I want to sleep in, I put the privacy door hang outside so that I get another hour of shut eye. Around 11:45am, I left the room and the door hang off so my room could be cleaned. Maid carts were still on my floor. I ate lunch at Champions (great food, BTW) and went back to the room at 2pm. Still not cleaned. No worries. It's only been 2ish hours. So I head out to find a nail salon (no salon or spa at the hotel) and do a little retail therapy. I returned around 5:45 and went to my room eager for a nap before my 8pm dinner plans. The room was still not cleaned.

I call the front desk, and they apologized and said someone would come up immediately. So I went to the concierge lounge and relaxed until about 7:15. I opened the room door and...it's still not cleaned. I call downstairs again. They said, "Would you like someone to come now?" I said 8pm because I need to get ready for my event despite having 1 towel and no washcloths left.

7:30: I'm now in the shower and I hear someone try to enter my room. Then I hear the room phone ring twice.

After dressing, I called the desk (at 8:10, knowing my ride was running late). I received another apology and they said the 8pm request wasn't shared with housekeeping. So now someone is coming up. I hope.

I'm heading out now. My fingers are crossed that my room will finally be cleaned. Look, I still love this hotel. It's staff is super friendly, the rooms are clean (I know, the irony of my post), and it's convenient. If you catch the bookings ahead of conventions and such, you will even get a decent rate. So I share this as a minor observation - I do think the staff can be overwhelmed when big conferences arrive, and when non conference folks like myself are mixed in, we can get lost in the fray. Otherwise, do stay. I hope this was just a glitch on a busy day.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Kevin P, Manager at Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so pleased to hear of your positive experiences that you have had here at our hotel but equally disappointed in your last stay with us. I cannot apologize enough for not servicing your room earlier in the day as expected; much less after your first request to do so. I am so grateful that you understand that this is not the service that we typically provide here at our hotel and I sincerely hope that you will continue to stay with us and have the positive experiences that you have had before. I am very confident that the title to your review is accurate in that it "must have been an off day". Please come back and see us so we can prove to you that we are still the best choice near the Atlanta Airport.

Kevin Pagnotto